feature requests

Little Giant Comic Show, Concord NH, 4/23/22 (Comic Book Forums)

• Little Giant Comic Show, Concord NH, 4/23/22

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 14, 2022 7:49:27 am
  • I've been to this show I think 4 times now and it's a lot of fun. If you're in the northeast area check it out on 4/23/22.

https://oldschoolcomicshow.com/
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: April 25, 2022 9:30:29 am
  • Thought I would post a follow up to this and share how it went if anyone is interested.

When I pulled into the parking lot I noticed right away that it was the busiest it has ever been. After walking by and admiring the orange and black Mclaren 720S in the parking lot and entering the building I realized I was right, it was pretty packed. Immediately to my left as I walked in was Jim Steranko sitting at his booth in his little grey suit and glasses looking like a rock star, signing for people so that was pretty cool to see. Maybe the sports car was his??

Anyways, it was definitely tough to find open spots at booths to even look through boxes of books but once I did I walked away with the following:

Scored probably 15-18 vol.1 Daredevils that I needed and also 2 moderns in the 600 issue range. You'd think that finding the older DD's would be tough but no, it's vol.1 issues over 325ish and then the vol.3, 4 and 5's that are nearly impossible to find sometimes. I am getting close to completing my Daredevil collection, I think I need under 50 issues total spanning all 6 volumes, not including variants, mini-series and one shots. Issues 1-3 of vol.1 will obviously be the most difficult and I'm not even sure if #1 is attainable at this point but we'll see.

Was looking through 5-6 boxes of magazines for any Punisher mags and found a nice copy of Marvel Preview Magazine #11 from 1977, 2nd appearance of Starlord for $5.

Being a Lady Mechanika fan I found a FCBD 2017 that I didn't have for $3. Nothing crazy here, just didn't have it so that was nice to find.

Hawkeye vol.5 #1, 1st Kate Bishop series for $3 thinking it was the regular issue that goes for $15-$20 but got it home and it was some Halloween reprint issue lol. I have the regular one already just thought I scored a 2nd copy but epic fail instead Embarassed

Before going to the show I saw/heard somewhere of a guy buying Defenders #4, the 1st appearance of Valkyrie. For some reason that stuck in my brain and I was flipping through a box and saw that issue in pretty decent shape for $25! I think I got it for $20 and was pretty happy that I scored it. When I got home and logged it though I was bummed that it is in fact not her 1st app but the issue where she joins the Defenders. So whoever that guy was I heard that from had misspoke and I also didn't do my homework I suppose. Still, it's a very nice book and I'm glad to have it.

New Mutants Annual #2, one of the many debatable 1st app's of Psylocke lol. Think I got that for $30. It's probably about an 8.0-8.5

Then at the end of the show I was just getting ready to leave and I saw a Spawn box so had to check that out. Still trying to complete my Spawn run, I'm so close! There was a lot of Spawn at the show, and as some of you might know the prices of Spawn are just ridiculous. One guy had $65 on a raw Spawn #5 Shocked Think. I never question sellers or call them out, I just laugh inside and move on but I actually asked the guy, "$65?? For this?!" And he said something like, "dude Spawn is crazy right now". I thought to myself, not that crazy lol. Anyways, this other guy had a lot of Spawn issues and fortunately/unfortunately he had issues 209, 211, 213, 214, 215 and 219. All issues I need but like I mentioned, have skyrocketed in price. I've had my eyes on these issues for years now on eBay and to buy them I would easily be in over $300 not including shipping from all different sellers so I bit the bullet and got them all from this guy for $175. His prices all added up to like $220 I think. I hated to do it but said what the heck, get them out of the way while I can. They're not going to get any cheaper with the way this hobby is going. That leaves me with about 9-10 more issues I need, not including variants.

I might've gotten a few other cheap books but I can't remember them right now.

All in all, I had a good time and will probably go to the next one in August! I think that's about it, if you made it this far thanks for reading!

Last edited April 26, 2022 7:08:34 am
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: April 25, 2022 11:02:51 am
  • MacheteF7, sounds like you had fun and got some sweet deals. What more could you ask for? I haven't been to a comic book convention in many years because they got too popular (up here in Toronto), not to mention the price of admission and the price tags on many of the comic books. I can't even fathom how crazy expensive almost everything is nowadays.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman: Off-World Issue # 4c
  • Dark Horse Comics's Dudley Datson and the Forever Machine Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's The Micronauts: The Original Marvel Years - Omnibus Hard Cover # 1b
  • Marvel Comics's War Machine Issue # 11b