feature requests

Western Mass Comic Book Show May 26th 10 4 Greenfield, MA (Comic Book Forums)

• Western Mass Comic Book Show May 26th 10-4 Greenfield, MA

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 24, 2019 8:26:00 am
  • This one sounds good, lots of comics and only $5 to get in!! I'm going to check it out, it's only a 2-hour drive. Any one else going?

Venue Information:
    Hawks & Reed Performing Arts Center
    289 Main St
    Greenfield, MA, 01301

Mark your calendars for a great event featuring over 30 tables of comic books and artwork. Looking for that elusive back issue? Missed the hot new release? Our dealers will have everything from investment grade keys to 50 cent readers. Comic books from the golden age to present! The event will feature some of the area’s best artists including:

Jim Lawson - Comic Book artist, Credits : Tales of the TMNT (creator of the Rat King)
    Casey Coller - Freelance Artist, Credits: IDW Transformers
    Marcus McLaurin - Editor, Credits: Marvels, Cage
    Justin Prokovich - Kubert School Instructor, Credits: 7 Deadly Sinners
    Jordan Newton-Gaines - Kubert School Alumni
    London Roman - Organ Donor Studios
  • Posted: May 24, 2019 9:37:51 am
  • I play baseball on Sundays but if my game is rained out maybe I will go. I'm in central Vermont, it's a little over 2 hours for me as well. If I do I'll try to hit you up on here if you want. Do you know what time it starts/ends?

Last edited May 24, 2019 9:38:46 am
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: May 24, 2019 10:24:08 am
  • The FB page list the event from 10:00am - 4:00pm. Hopefully you don't get rained out of your game, but looking for comics sounds like a decent backup plan!

If you do end up going, definitely send me a PM, both my wife and I will be there and would be happy say hello.

Have a great weekend!

I'll be at Albany Comic and Toy Show next week as well, my local show, that one might be within 2-3 hours drive as well.
  • Posted: May 26, 2019 9:06:02 pm
  • How was the show Jimbo?? Get some good stuff? We were soooo close to having our game canceled but we ended up playing so I couldn’t make it.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: May 28, 2019 7:10:06 am
  • The show was great! There were tons of books available, but I only ended up with about $12 worth though. Show highlight - met Jim Lawson and got him to sign my Tales of TMNT #1.

The venue was really cool too, 4 floors of an old renovated store, a different bar on almost each floor, and a full kitchen. Watched a comedy show in the basement in the middle of the day, that was fun. Not the type of venue I was expecting for a $5 show.

• Posted: May 28, 2019 12:30:15 pm
  • That's awesome, glad you had a good time! 4 floors, bars and food?! Sounds like a very different comic book show than I'm used to, I would've liked to been there!

Congrats on getting your TMNT signed, great book to have!
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: May 30, 2019 6:53:16 am
  • I hear they got the same venue for next year, May 24th 2020.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - Soleks Journey Issue # 2
  • Marvel Comics's G.O.D.S. Issue # 6e
  • Todd McFarlane Productions's Sam and Twitch: Case Files Issue # 1b
  • Pixel + Ink's Sky & Ty Hard Cover # 1