feature requests

WonderCon 2018 Anaheim (Comic Book Forums)

• WonderCon 2018 Anaheim

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 25, 2018 8:26:40 am
  • Starts Friday, March 23rd and runs through Sunday, March 25th. Located at the Anaheim Convention center in Anaheim, California (near Disney Land).

Very likely hitting this convention with my girlfriend. Very interested in a few key members of the guest list. I love Jason Fabok & Jim Lee's art. However, The selling point for me is the fact that Scott Snyder will be attending. Anyone else going?

It would be our first comic convention and kind of wondering what to expect. Was wondering if some more experienced individuals could fill me in. Specifically, how does the meet & greets/signatures work? I'm sure there's a form of ticket to buy. Also, what kind of activites fill your day when you go? What is there to do at these things?
  • Posted: February 26, 2018 7:52:42 pm
  • Swifty, are you a Comic Con virgin? I haven't been to one in a while, but I can help you with some of the questions you're asking.
    1) Most, if not all, the comic book artists and writers charge zero for a signature. If you want a sketch or something worth value, then expect to pay. Expect some incredibly long lines too. Maybe read comic books while in line?
    2) If you're there for Hollywood Stars, they all charge something.
    3) Just sifting through all those long boxes there should fill quite a bit of your time.
    4) The larger Con's have lots of other activities to do to fill your time. Panels, Q & A's, gaming rooms and other similar things. Many fans buy weekend passes because they can't finish all they want to do in one day.

I'm sure some other fans of this website will help you out with much more activities and ideas (if they read this Forum post).
  • Posted: February 27, 2018 12:38:09 am
  • brucifer said:
    Swifty, are you a Comic Con virgin?

I AM!

Thank you so much for the advice. I didn't think about the lines being long...guess I'll catch up on my back log! I've never really been one to get something signed. Would like to meet the guys, though. Defiantly get a picture with them. Would you recommend taking an issue or two to get singed?

This has got me so stoked. GF and I picked up our passes.

P.S. not too interested in the Hollywood side...but good to know they are there for the moolah!
  • Posted: March 20, 2018 11:27:53 am
  • Holy lame, Batman!

So there was an "exclusives" sign up. Basically, if you wanted to participate in the Jim Lee or Scott Snyder signings, you needed to enter an online raffle. slid in there right before the cut off! Unfortunately, GF and I weren't selected...Bummed to say the least. Oh well.
  • Posted: March 20, 2018 12:34:28 pm
  • Swifty, now imagine those passes for signatures were passes to get in the venue!!! That's what San Diego Comic Con is like nowadays.
  • Posted: March 20, 2018 12:40:00 pm
  • brucifer said:
    Swifty, now imagine those passes for signatures were passes to get in the venue!!! That's what San Diego Comic Con is like nowadays.

That's an excellent point. I've heard many gripes about getting in from Friends of mine. Guess it could be worse! Thanks for the perspective, Brucifer.
  • Posted: March 26, 2018 12:17:31 pm
  • OK. That was pretty cool.

Snyder reached out to his fans via social media and said he'd do his best to stay after panels & the like. He did. Got a picture with the guy! Holy cow everyone wanted his autograph. Glad I wasn't a part of the trove. Will be next time! Ha! What a cool guy. Hey was defiantly the highlight of the con for me.

I've never taken a picture where I looked this nerdy. I was freaking out. So cool to meet the guy.

I also picked up a few things...

• Posted: March 26, 2018 12:34:22 pm
  • Nice haul Jimbo. I usually find meeting your heroes as disappointing. I see that wasn't your case this time. Excellent!!!
  • Posted: March 26, 2018 2:35:27 pm
  • Spent waaaaaaaaaaaay too much on that haul. Pleased with it though.

I hadn't realized how much Snyder's work meant to me. I haven't been that star struck...uhm...ever. GF had it worse though. She asked me not to describe it to anyone. Haha

Thank you again for all the advice, Brucifer. SO helpful.
  • Posted: April 28, 2018 2:21:38 pm
  • I'm jealous, gets a beer
    gets a beer
  • Posted: April 28, 2018 2:46:12 pm
  • SwiftShock said:
    GF had it worse though. She asked me not to describe it to anyone.

We are not anyone...we are family. Twisted Evil
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Red 5 Comics's Mystery Brothers  TPB # 1
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 100b
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate X-Men Issue # 2f
  • Wizard Press's Wizard Special Edition: Image Issue nn