feature requests

Melborne FL Con results (Comic Book Forums)

Author Melborne FL Con results
Posted: November 14, 2017 10:36:37 am
Did this a few weeks ago, fair medium sized Con. Took one table of 6 long boxes of $1.00 comics, another table of several boxes of mixed Silver & Bronze and a couple racks of Oldies.

First time I took $1.00 Disney books to a Con. First thing another dealer came and bought the whole box.
I brought a mixture of 30 EC comics from 50s, sci-fi and horror. One guy came and took pics of many to show his brother. Another came and wanted all them for $3500, about $7000 book value, but wanted to write a check. I hesitated to take a check, so he said he would come back. Sure enough about an hour before close he came and bought the set. Then the pic guy came 10 minutes later, but they were gone.

I took a long box of Justice League and Wonder Woman with nary a nibble or either. Such a guessing game and I getting too old to lug many boxes back and forth. Traded car in for a van so will be doing more local regional shows.
The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
Posted: November 17, 2017 9:47:36 am
Nice to hear about your success at your Melborne Con, Spa-fon. It's so hard to figure out which books people want at the time, and therefore bring with you. I know that I drool every time I look at your Batman collection. A van will certainly help you with your lugging long boxes around. Remember, lift with your legs, not your back.

Last edited November 17, 2017 9:49:48 am
Posted: November 18, 2017 8:47:57 am
Thanks Bru, still hoping for the last two Batman to complete the set. Since # 1 is pretty much out of price range, hoping I can find a trade for my Amazing Fantasy 15.
Posted: November 18, 2017 10:55:43 am
I'd be willing to trade you my soul for that book. Deal?
Posted: November 18, 2017 11:55:19 am
That van will come in handy when you bring me your collection. Twisted Evil
Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
Posted: November 18, 2017 11:58:00 am
Hey Doughboy, I called dibs first!! Crap, now I think Spa-fon will have to split his collection with us both. Oh well.
Posted: November 18, 2017 12:01:06 pm
Shame on youShame on youShame on you

He already put me into his will a long time ago. Laughing
Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
Posted: November 20, 2017 9:02:44 am
Sorry both of you. My collection has already been designated to go to the Home Of Kats Expressing Yearnings (HOKEY), run by a nice gentleman I found in a free neighborhood paper. He seems very nice in his desire to help little kitties to fulfill their dreams. And I never knew kitties loved to ride in Lexus!

I am slowly moving out my collection, still 19,500 remaining, in order to downsize to a 2 bedroom condo. One bedroom for my wife of 46 years & I, and one bedroom for my comics of 55+ years! By then hopefully only the Batman set, a set of TWD trades and a set of EC reprints.

Last edited November 20, 2017 9:04:15 am
Posted: November 20, 2017 1:02:09 pm
A set of EC reprints? That could fill up a room if you include all the foreign reprints. Twisted Evil

I know Thorpe & Porter reprints are high on your list.
http://comicchecklist.atwebpages.com/EC/Thorpe_and_Porter/Thorpe_and_Porter_EC_Reprints.html
Posted: November 20, 2017 1:08:01 pm
That's all fine and dandy to collect old reprints of horror comic books and support lil kittens Spa-fon, but now where or whom do I try and trade my soul to? It's quite used up by now.

World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 42 years, 199 days, 13 hours of Run Time

Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home

Join World Community Grid today!

CBR App on Android
Newest Covers
  • DC Comics's Batman Issue # 1epic-a
  • Marvel Comics's Infamous Iron Man TPB # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Thanos Issue # 13c
  • Western Printing Co.'s Tweety and Sylvester: Kite Fun Book Issue # 1sce
Cool Statues
Recently Rated
Marvel Comics's Civil War Issue # 5
This comic was rated 5.0000 stars by 3 members
Civil War