feature requests

SpringCon Minneapolis, MN May 18 19 (Comic Book Forums)

• SpringCon Minneapolis, MN May 18-19

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 13, 2013 12:56:13 pm
  • This con is always great to go to. I'm going to miss it for the first time in five years due to a tight budget. It's their 25th Anniversary, and they're going all out to celebrate!

http://midwestcomicbook.com/

"1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: May 13, 2013 4:27:59 pm
  • I went for the 1st time last year. I've been thinking of going but I'm not sure if I can really afford to. My car is in the shop right now so I might end up missing it.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: May 13, 2013 4:40:20 pm
  • My wife was off work for 6 weeks, so it made sense to just give this one up. It's hard to skip it, but there will be more!

The other nice thing is that Fallcon is only 6 months away. It's the same weekend as the Twin Cities Marathon, so last year I did the 10k before I went to the con. Then I won this http://comicbookrealm.com/series/4680/62873/dc-comics-supermanbatman-issue-1d as a door prize, so it was just a fun day all around.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: May 13, 2013 5:20:54 pm
  • joshschr said:
    My wife was off work for 6 weeks, so it made sense to just give this one up. It's hard to skip it, but there will be more!

The other nice thing is that Fallcon is only 6 months away. It's the same weekend as the Twin Cities Marathon, so last year I did the 10k before I went to the con. Then I won this http://comicbookrealm.com/series/4680/62873/dc-comics-supermanbatman-issue-1d as a door prize, so it was just a fun day all around.

Very cool.

I lied, it was Fall Con that I attended last year.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: June 2, 2013 2:14:52 pm
  • had a fun time got a good haule some of my were 3 for a $1 or or 1 a book
  • Posted: June 19, 2014 9:21:29 pm
  • Missed it again...wife had to work all day and daughter had a volleyball tournament... And I'll probably miss fallcon as well for a trip...will try to get to the mini con next weekend in Woodbury....sound vision pop culture at valley creek mall...bigger let down was that my sister in law works for a local events company and had a pair of VIP tickets for the first mpls convention but didn't end gettinginto pick them up as she was on maternity leave...didn't know who to bring anyways...I will be getting them for 2015 though...
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • IDW Publishing's Golgotha Motor Mountain Issue # 2
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 255facsimile
  • Lohman Hills Press's The Golden Age Emma Davenport Convention Special Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 486b