feature requests

Holy F#*($!* S%&@! (Comic Book Forums)

• Holy F#*($!* S%&@!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 6, 2008 9:45:47 pm
  • alright somebody tell me how to re-size and image to the right size for submitting cover's?
    I Love Comics
  • Posted: June 6, 2008 10:01:40 pm
  • i am assuming you are using a scanner, if so, the program that you use to scan with should have a quality setting, just lower the quality until it comes out below 500k....you should not be able to notice any difference in actual quality, but you will have a much smaller disc space usage
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: June 6, 2008 10:19:34 pm
  • so is what your saying is that i need to use a scanner?
    I Love Comics
  • Posted: June 7, 2008 12:28:03 am
  • thats the only way i know for you to get a cover, unless you are finding one on the internet....if you are doing the latter, then i suggest going to cnet.com and finding free software that will do the task you might want....you may even be able to do that with Paint...which is probably already on your computer
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: June 7, 2008 7:28:59 am
  • Did you get my email about this yesterday? I didn't get back on the computer for the rest of the night. I recommended Paint.Net, unless you've got Microsoft Picture Manager on your computer. The old version of Paint is kind of lame for resizing pics.

I think those files you sent me aren't originals. If they are, you don't want to resize them, as they'd show up too grainy to use. If you've got a gmail account, we can google talk about this. You can also email me and we'll work this out.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: June 8, 2008 3:09:52 pm
  • alright i just got some covers from www.comiccovers.com and submitted them,and i am not praying to the comic gods that they work!lol
    I Love Comics
  • Posted: June 8, 2008 3:31:21 pm
  • try getting some from www.comics.org .
    that's where i get most of mine from.
    use the large version, not the medium.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Skybound's Duke Issue # 1 - 3rd print
  • Marvel Comics's Predator: The Last Hunt Issue # 1f
  • Dark Horse Comics's Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures Phase III - Crash Landing Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 46c