People Don't Check Their Offers (Comic Book Forums)

• People Don't Check Their Offers

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 21, 2024 5:18:39 pm
  • I've inquired with two different members about buying comics that they have for sale, and made offers to them as well. Now, I'm not a superhero book collector anymore - I buy them as digitals from Comixology and read them on Kindle. However, due to licensing issues and availability, many comics are just not available digitally.

So, I DO collect those comics as physical books...which means, if I contact a member, I'm ready to shut up and give them their money.

But I can't do that if they don't respond. I'm sorely tempted to call them out here, but I'll behave myself.

Not a huge request, folks...just respond to your Comic Book Realm offers! Sheesh!
    My collection is mostly digital now.
  • Posted: June 21, 2024 6:00:20 pm
  • When were they last active?
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: June 21, 2024 6:28:52 pm
  • Canuck said:
    When were they last active?

Well, to sound lost, how do I find that information?
  • Posted: June 22, 2024 2:38:34 pm
  • Just click on the user name and it will take you to their realm page

Last edited June 22, 2024 2:38:53 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: June 22, 2024 7:02:02 pm
  • I always answer potential buyers here on CBR and usually very quickly. I contacted writer1102 via PM to chat about his frustration.
    Bruce McKinlay
  • Posted: June 22, 2024 8:52:27 pm
  • brucifer said:
    I always answer potential buyers here on CBR and usually very quickly. I contacted writer1102 via PM to chat about his frustration.

And, he has a book from my want list! I've sent a PM about purchasing it!
  • Posted: June 24, 2024 10:34:25 pm
  • writer1102 said:
    And, he has a book from my want list! I've sent a PM about purchasing it!

I know that feeling of non-responses, it can be quite annoying.
    You did mention your want list. I didn't see one on your profile (I could have very easily missed it), but I have decided that I am going to start trying to sell off more of my collection, so feel free to take a look and reach out. I think my collections are open to public so should be able to see them. I do have it currently set up as 2 separate ones, one that says SELL and one that's My Collection. Feel free to look at both. There are some that I will keep but just haven't sorted through all them to decided on sell but open to hearing offers. Hopefully you get some responses and find what you're looking for.
  • Posted: June 25, 2024 12:37:34 pm
  • I'll be honest, I'm not as active on the site as i used to be. Nowadays i mostly just use the site to add to the collection tracker every couple of weeks. I used to be on here all the time hanging out and chatting in the forums and whatnot, but life sort of got in the way.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 126 days, 12 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Archie Comics Group's Chilling Adventures Presents: The Cult Of That Wilkin Boy - Initiation Issue # 1stadium
  • Marvel Comics's Fantastic Four Issue # 125
  • Marvel Comics's Fantastic Four Issue # 128
  • Marvel Comics's X-Men: Blood Hunt - Laura Kinney the Wolverine Issue # 1