Second Death of Valiant (Comic Book Forums)

• Second Death of Valiant

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 28, 2023 8:48:39 am
  • Sad times I'm guessing. Valiant was absolutely amazing when it rebooted back in 2012, but started falling apart right around Covid. It's sort of been limping along with 1 book per month ish for the past several years. (And not great quality).

Anyway, this morning all my Valiant preorders for the next several months were cancelled. I'm guessing they finally decided to just fully close up shop, but i havent seen anything officially announced, despite looking. Anyone else know anythign?
  • Posted: August 28, 2023 1:26:21 pm
  • I wonder what this means for the long-promised Harbinger movie and the recently reported Faith movie in the works. I thought the Bloodshot movie was good, and was hoping we would eventually get a real Valiant cinematic universe.
    Did I err?
  • Posted: August 28, 2023 1:34:15 pm
  • Thanks Canuck, i figured if anyone had any knowledge you would, you alwasy seem to be in the know about the goings on.

I wonder if there's somethign more though, or new developments that havent been announced yet. That article calls out unconquered and Ninjak, which are exactly the titles that were cancelled as of this morning. Maybe gearing up for a full reboot instead? Or decided it wasnt worth the money and sunk the concept...

I reckon only time will tell.
  • Posted: August 28, 2023 1:51:12 pm
  • Chances are the preordered books that you saw cancelled this morning will be resolicited by Alien Books at some point... that is if they don't go full reboot.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: August 28, 2023 1:57:39 pm
  • Nf7mate said:
    I wonder what this means for the long-promised Harbinger movie and the recently reported Faith movie in the works. I thought the Bloodshot movie was good, and was hoping we would eventually get a real Valiant cinematic universe.

Is there a movie of the Harbinger?

The film premiered at the Fantasia International Film Festival on 20 July 2022. The film was released in theatres on 1 December 2022.

As for the Faith Movie it may still be in the works, last I heard about it was back in February of this year...Rebel Wilson was linked to play the lead, but now that she lost all that weight who knows who they will get to play Faith.

Last edited August 28, 2023 2:01:32 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: August 28, 2023 2:30:22 pm
  • The Harbinger movie that came out last year is not related to the Valiant comic. Last I saw on the Valiant Harbinger movie, it got a new director. But that news is over a year old.
    Did I err?
  • Posted: August 28, 2023 3:18:44 pm
  • Do we know anything about Allen Books? Is creative control going back to people who will write good stories, or will it be more shilling and trying to get a movie universe going?
  • Posted: August 28, 2023 4:30:23 pm
  • I sent an email to Alien Books. Will let you know if they respond. If you want to look at their other titles, it might give some idea of what to expect: alienbooks.com.

I finally gave up on Valiant about a year ago when I dropped Harbinger from my pull list. It was the last Valiant book I was subscribed to. Would love to see some stories worth buying.
    Did I err?
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 108 days, 9 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Fantastic Four Issue # 123
  • Marvel Comics's Hulk: Blood Hunt Issue # 1
  • DSTLRY Media's Somna: A Bedtime Story Hard Cover # 1b
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Man Reign 2 Issue # 1e