feature requests

Rebagging frequency (Comic Book Forums)

• Rebagging frequency

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 23, 2023 4:47:45 pm
  • Hi all, my first post, so hopefully I won't incur wraith for posting in the wrong section! I did take a look to see if this had been sked before, so apologies if it has.

How often should you, if at all, rebag your comics? They're in mylar bags, with backing boards, but have been in them for quite a while, but not sure if they need to be refreshed periodically?

They're stored in comic boxes.

Thanks
  • Posted: January 23, 2023 6:50:07 pm
  • for me its more the board then the bag... the board absorbs all the impurities from the comic paper, including ink sometimes... the bags id say is up to you, but if you are changing the board...well, might as well right... just monitor your boards and thatll give a clear indication on when to switch...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: January 24, 2023 4:30:50 pm
  • My two cents is look at the bag and if it's discoloured (ie. yellow) then replace that baby. Another thing to consider is how many you need to actually re-bag (and I assume board). If it's some (under 100 or so), go ahead. If it's thousands, maybe start looking at some CBR values and any book worth more than $10 or $20 should receive some extra love.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 66 years, 301 days, 21 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Peter Vorzimer's Abstract Issue # 8
  • DC Comics's Action Comics Issue # 1051
  • DC Comics's Batman: One Bad Day - Catwoman Issue # 1e
  • Richard & Pat Lupoff's The Martian Odyssey of Edgar Rice Burroughs Issue # 0