feature requests

Spectacular Spider Man #104 (Comic Book Forums)

• Spectacular Spider-Man #104

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 21, 2023 2:39:58 am
  • I have Spectacular Spider-Man #104 and is signed by Vince Giarrano,I know he's not a rockstar in the comic book industry,I was wondering will the book go up in value and if so how much?
  • Posted: January 21, 2023 5:55:55 pm
  • not likely... signatures are so forged these days its super hard to sell an auto you got yourself without a COA, and even then people dont pay much of a premium, barring people like Jack or Stan...Monoliths of the industry... and stans didnt become 'collectible' or super valuable until his passing... if you tried to get that book graded, it would come back with a green label (because cgc considers unwitnessed signatures as simply markings on the book).

overall id say steer clear of paying premium money for autos unless they are already graded with a yellow label or come with a COA. Same goes for sports autos, celebrity autos, etc...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: January 21, 2023 6:39:45 pm
  • Actually I use to work at a comic book store and we had him do a signing there.That's how I got the book signed,I saw him sign it with a silver pen(see picture).

• Posted: January 21, 2023 7:35:33 pm
  • i fully understand and believe you, really i do, im just going by what i see sell and how long it might sit for sale... i have tried to sell non-coa auto books by Crain, Pak, among others, and had to essentially sell the book at market or slightly under, as if it wasnt signed at all... ive always assumed its due to worries of forgeries...i really doubt anyone is actually forging Vince Giarrano, but it will still take forever to sell for at or around market price...no premium for the sig.

the last book auto comic i tried to sell (and still own because i couldnt) was a Doomsday Lenticular (superman villain lenticular books from not too long ago) signed by Greg Pak... put it up for a year straight for $10... never sold...

Last edited January 21, 2023 7:37:47 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: January 21, 2023 8:06:27 pm
  • Oh don't worry I'm not gonna sell it,I was just wondering that's all.
  • Posted: January 21, 2023 8:42:06 pm
  • ah ok, well wish i had better news to tell you, i apologize...
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: January 21, 2023 9:15:14 pm
  • Here's a story to share with you. Back in 1987, before Todd McFarlane became the comic book icon he is today, he made appearances at small comic conventions like the one I went to, called the Edmonton Comic Expo. Back then, he was pencilling The Incredible Hulk, right before he started his epic run on Amazing Spider-Man. Because he was relatively unknown, and also back then, not that many people went to comic conventions, there was no line ups to see or talk to him. I bought the latest issue of The Incredible Hulk, issue 338 at his table and had him sign it. Because he didn't draw the cover, he autographed the interior, on page 2. And, back then, cell phones didn't have the capability to take pictures yet, not that I had one anyways. So, even if I wanted to sell this comic, I have no way to authenticate that it was really his signature.

• Posted: January 21, 2023 11:33:26 pm
  • No, not true...you can definitely get it authenticated, you would have to use CBCS though i believe, without a physical CGC witness... this is the only plus side to CBCS over CGC is they don't need that kind of proof.

Thats a really nice book SmileNo, not true...you can definitely get it authenticated, you would have to use CBCS though i believe, without a physical CGC witness... this is the only plus side to CBCS over CGC is they don't need that kind of proof.

Thats a really nice book Smile

i would research what you would need, if you your interested. Ive used them, im not a fan of the older case, but they mayve updated their cases since then.

Last edited January 21, 2023 11:47:43 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: January 23, 2023 1:53:48 am
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    you can definitely get it authenticated, you would have to use CBCS though i believe, without a physical CGC witness... this is the only plus side to CBCS over CGC is they don't need that kind of proof.

Thanks for the info. If I knew how big of an icon he'd be 35+ years later, I'd have bought all the Incredible Hulk #338 on his table, and had him sign them and gotten sketches by him too. Wink
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 66 years, 301 days, 21 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 18d
  • Linda Bushyager's Karass Issue # 27
  • Golden Frog Press's Tales of the World Famous Drive Thru Bud Issue # 3
  • Forrest Ackerman & Myrtle Douglas's Voice of the Imagi-Nation Issue # 4