feature requests

anyone else reading the core Star Wars series? (Comic Book Forums)

• anyone else reading the core Star Wars series?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 19, 2022 9:39:26 pm
  • Just finished issue 28. I haven't read a core Star Wars title in a while. The cover having Luke with a yellow lightsaber in an Imperial officer outfit was intriguing and something I never seen so it immediately drew me when I saw an ad for it in another comic and let me tell you, there is nothing to not like in this issue. We get the young brave courageous Luke Skywalker walking into the capital of the Empire to save a family with a couple that is Crimson Dawn with all the confidence that a Jedi is supposed to have. This is the Luke I grew up on and seeing his interaction with Syndulla from Rebels made my day, wow. This was really good and the way Star Wars is supposed to be.
  • Posted: October 20, 2022 2:55:32 am
  • Marvel has been doing a GREAT job with the core Star Wars comics! I'm really liking the Darth Vader series as well. . .it leans HARD into the prequels and actually makes them better!

It's really a great time to be a Star Wars comic fan right now.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: October 20, 2022 6:34:37 am
  • atom said:
    Marvel has been doing a GREAT job with the core Star Wars comics! I'm really liking the Darth Vader series as well. . .it leans HARD into the prequels and actually makes them better!

It's really a great time to be a Star Wars comic fan right now.

Yeah, I love how the stories are making the film canon better. Just trying to catch up. Heard a lot of great things about Crimson Dawn and War of the Bounty Hunters. Some of the others I have read are Obi-Wan, the Mandalorian and Han Solo and Chewbacca. I know I been missing out on a lot because I stopped reading after Star Wars High Republic from last year was leaving a bad taste in my mouth so I figure I just stick to the core stuff I'm familiar with. I was a huge fan of the 90s Knights of the Old Republic stuff with Ulic Qel Droma so I had high hopes for High Republic but no bueno. On another note, Andor was soooo good. You are right, great time to be a Star Wars fan.

Last edited October 20, 2022 6:35:24 am
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Peter Thibeault's Art? Issue nn
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars Issue # 45e
  • DC Comics's Superman Issue # 13g
  • Marvel Comics's X-men '97 Issue # 2