feature requests

Selling my collection (Comic Book Forums)

• Selling my collection

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 17, 2022 7:51:47 pm
  • I have roughly 1000 comic books. It's an eclectic mix of stuff from the 1960s to roughly 2000. Most are not particularly valuable. It's 95% Marvel. I do have one unique subset. It's all the Spiderman comics from 1 to 300. However, lots of them are in poor condition, in book form, or are reprints. I also have a few books I bought multiple copies thinking they might be worth something some day. For example I have 20 copies of Cloak and Dagger #1.

I think it's about time for me to sell my collection. But the idea of trying to sell 1000 books one at a time on Ebay or whatever, just makes me tired. What is a fairly straightforward way for me to sell my collection? I don't necessarily need to sell it all to one person, but how can the process be simplified?

Thanks!

Last edited October 17, 2022 7:52:54 pm
  • Posted: October 18, 2022 9:58:32 pm
  • Selling it all to one person locally would be the easiest way to do it, but would likely get you least money. Selling each comic individually online would get you the most money, but would also take the most time and effort. Then there is everything in between (small batches, large batches).

FYI, no one on this website can see your collection because you have sharing turned off. I recommend you turn it on. You may get some interest.
    Did I err?
  • Posted: October 19, 2022 9:57:48 am
  • Grasshopper is correct.
  • Posted: October 19, 2022 6:38:53 pm
  • wasn't there another guy with almost the exact same post a few months back??
    nothing gets collectors hard like a full ASM 1-300 and their owner describing them as being 'not particularly valuable'
  • Posted: October 23, 2022 9:05:47 pm
  • Nf7mate. I have not done anything about posting my collection here. I had no clue I could do such a thing. I clicked on the collection link and I see no way to enter anything. I tried looking up the guide. It's some little images of screens, but without much explanation as to how to proceed. I'm a serious noob.
  • Posted: October 23, 2022 9:47:40 pm
  • In the long run and for peace of mind, you need to sort through your 1,000 comics and pick out all the high dollar books and sell them individually. Take the rest and sell them in bulk on Craig’s List or whatever local listing site you prefer.

If you sell your whole collection without doing some research you run a good chance of getting lowballed and will regret taking a low offer later on. I don’t know exactly what you have or the condition of your comics, but you’re going to need to put in a little work unless you really just don’t care and want rid of the books ASAP.
  • Posted: October 23, 2022 10:01:08 pm
  • Donald, you’ll need to go through your collection one book at a time and add them on this site . Once you’ve done that under your profile you’ll see a drop box that asks you to share your collection, click yes and save. Then we’ll all be able to see it.

How to add books
    https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/20/6946/how-to-add-books

Last edited October 23, 2022 10:05:11 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: November 18, 2022 11:02:05 pm
  • That could almost be my post, if I hadn't read it first! I've got 3,000+ comics (inherited), and am going through the inventory process. Has anyone here dealt with Heritage Auctions? Or other auction houses that deal in comics?
  • Posted: November 18, 2022 11:44:12 pm
  • I've sold on eBay, Mercari, and Facebook. I looked at Heritage but the fees are pretty high. You should make your collection public on this site so others can see what you have. You may even get a buyer that way.
    Did I err?
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Skybound's Cobra Commander Issue # 4d
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 481b
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 491b
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: Weapon X Issue # 16b