feature requests

eBay Vault (Comic Book Forums)

• eBay Vault

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 27, 2022 6:52:50 am
  • What are everyone's thoughts on this? I know it is trading card only right now, but how long before they expand?

https://www.ebay.com/vlt/enrollment/?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5336824214&toolid=10001

It makes it nice when buying/selling because you can know that the card exists and is in the condition said, etc. But something tells me this is just ultimately not going to be safe long term.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 29, 2022 12:22:10 pm
  • I can understand someone who buys high value cards as an investment who don't know the hobby inside and out, using this service as a piece of mind step along the way.
    However If I purchased a card worth that much I would want it in hand as much as I'd want my CGC slabs in hand as well.

I understand that branching out as a business is important for future success but ebay has so many issues that should be fixed way before a new endeavor.

For buyers and sellers alike there are bugs like the send offer to buyers bug that happened, and the fee structures moving constantly. 30 million user uploaded pictures just vanishing from listings and so on.

There are other vault companies out there with better reputations in the hobby and ebay is struggling to stay competitive even in its own market.

I love ebay I just wish ebay loved ebay, and not the opinions of it's shareholders over what actually built it into what it is the end users.

Hopefully that didn't come across as too scathing but I am really passionate about customer service and the bigger ebay gets the more that part of the company gets drug behind the horse so to speak....
    Sell trade or barter cards coins and comics
  • Posted: August 22, 2022 7:37:40 am
  • This is a hard pass for me if it ever went into the comics department. As the previous person said, you're one hack away from losing a collection at any given time.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 65 years, 227 days, 4 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's Dinosaur Sanctuary Soft Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Fortnite x Marvel: Zero War Issue # 5
  • Bear Claw's My Nightmarish Little Venomous Ponies Issue # 1ce/nycc-a
  • Sitcomics's Z-People Issue # 1
CBR.com member auction items ?