feature requests

Russian Comics? (Comic Book Forums)

• Russian Comics?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 20, 2022 6:17:10 pm
  • I came across a copy of Daredevil #7 today! But it's in Russian.

Is there anyone here who has some knowledge of how much this thing is "worth"?

Is there a market for foreign comics in general? I don't really sell comics, but I'm curious now that I have one.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: May 20, 2022 6:34:55 pm
  • There's a market for foreign language books, but it varies pretty widely from book to book and language to language. Best advice for any particular books is to look up sold listings on eBay to determine the market for that book.

And if you have any foreign language Groo the Wanderer books (or any other Sergio Aragones books) sell them to me. Smile
    Did I err?
  • Posted: May 20, 2022 6:52:21 pm
  • Half my collection is in Dutch, make me a price WinkLaughing
    English is not my native language, please forgive my grammar / spelling...
    (First non-English speaking Moderator on CBR)

Paling & Ko by Francisco Ibáñez
  • Posted: May 21, 2022 8:27:01 am
  • Foreign collecting has been getting more popular over the last decade. Many US collectors are buying up rare keys from around the world, but not so much common books. It has become a thing to collect world sets of a key or your favorite cover as layouts/titles/backgrounds all have different variations. They are hard to find, rare from low print runs, often not preserved as well, and expensive to ship. I collect Secret Wars 8, ASM129, ASM300 world books and a few others. Once you start going for a set it may take many years to find them all if at all. It is more important to own originals that came out near the same time as the US book, but some collectors go crazy at trying to get every edition and variation out there. Russia started just lately reprinting issues so they aren't always old and some collectors don't care about owning modern reprints in there world sets. Spidy300 Russian was printed 2021 for example. Your book if old may be collectible, but if it is not a famous cover art then might not sell for much. Grand Comics Database is a good site for searching what international books may exists, otherwise join FB international collecting group to learn more.

Last edited May 21, 2022 8:27:44 am
    Your friendly neighborhood comic trader
  • Posted: May 24, 2022 11:03:37 am
  • Marvel just recently suspended publishers license in Russia, so everything they were recently printing will be more rare. Its up to the collector if they feel they need Russian books to complete their sets or not. As far as value of your book it depends on the year it was printed. If it is really old it may be a couple hundred. Big keys can be $300-500. My most expensive found thus far is Brazil ASM129 and Italian Spotlight5 which are both around $500 each. I uploaded a few pictures on my profile of a few world sets in progress.
    Your friendly neighborhood comic trader
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Venom: Dark Origin Issue # 5b
  • Marvel Comics's Web of Spider-Man Issue # 5b
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4acme-b
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: Weapon X Issue # 3b