feature requests

ASM # 667 Dell'Otto (Comic Book Forums)

• ASM # 667 Dell'Otto

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 20, 2022 1:55:55 pm
  • Any idea on how much a copy of ASM #667 Dell' Otto is going for these days?
    I haven't seen one for sale on Ebay in a long time since all 225 copies are squirreled away in private collections.

Last edited January 20, 2022 1:59:22 pm
  • Posted: January 20, 2022 2:38:28 pm
  • lol, would you like a guess? because my guess would be as good as yours lol

without proven sales data everything is just an educated guess...

Last edited January 20, 2022 6:44:21 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
    Amazing Spider Man #78 - 1st Prowler
    Avengers #55 - 1st Ultron
    Amazing Spider Man #134 - 1st Tarantula, 2nd Punisher
    Avengers #196 - 1st full Taskmaster
  • Posted: January 26, 2022 2:19:17 pm
  • Let's try a different approach. How much would you be willing to pay for one?
  • Posted: January 30, 2022 6:14:02 pm
  • Last sale of a 9.8 was $35,000. Another 9.8 sold on Heritage for $33,600 several months before the $35k sale.
  • Posted: January 31, 2022 11:05:13 am
  • People are crazy lol
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: January 31, 2022 11:46:37 am
  • People are more than just crazy. They are insane in the membrane to pay anywhere near those prices!!
  • Posted: January 31, 2022 6:23:48 pm
  • house n car or 1 modern variant lol?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 7:02:05 am
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    house n car or 1 modern variant lol?
    Yeah I know it didn't really measure up in terms of dollar amount to the ASM issue but I came across it this weekend and was just blown away that people are paying that much for that book.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 12:22:41 pm
  • i fully agree lol...people are nuts paying that for a modern book with no key or anything to it past a cool cover.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 1:04:53 pm
  • Fun fact - books have sold for exorbitant sums based on the cover alone , going back to the golden age.

One would assume that any moderately seasoned comic book collector would know that.

Couple that with being extremely rare in the main ASM run and BOOM! goes dynamite.
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 1:24:12 pm
  • so like i said, being a seasoned collector lmao, people are crazy to spend $35,000 on a MODERN comic book that has no significance to the Comic Book world...None...If you want to trade your house for one, by all means, but i will stay grounded in logic lol
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 1:55:06 pm
  • You're obviously speaking for yourself, since, evidently, "the comic book world" vehemently disagrees with your opinion, hence the prices that have consistently been realized on this book for over a decade now.
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 3:42:34 pm
  • I agree with Zombie, crazy and I would never spend that amount on any comic...now if I had one and was offered $35k for it I would sell it in an instant.

Biggest problem spending that amount is will it hold its value and will you get the money back when you decide to sell.

Last edited February 1, 2022 3:44:52 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: February 1, 2022 3:43:51 pm
  • lol most will canuck... lol and No...the comic book world does not...225 people do...that is a VERY small sample size of the comic book community lol...and id put money on the fact that most of those that currently own it, would also not spend $35,000 on it, they got it for WAAAAY less lol

Its okay to be a little coocoo...thats why we are all collectors isnt it lol

Last edited February 1, 2022 3:48:50 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 4:29:50 pm
  • If "only" 225 people in the world cared about the book I'm pretty sure it would still be selling for somewhere around cover price and not fifty grand.
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 4:34:08 pm
  • A little coocoo is ok, but to spend $35K on a modern is just plain crazy.

I remember seeing it on the new releases shelf, but didn't want to spend the $25 ratio variant price on it cause I didn't particularly like the cover, so I grabbed the regular cover.
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 5:04:08 pm
  • Vengeance said:
    A little coocoo is ok, but to spend $35K on a modern is just plain crazy.

I remember seeing it on the new releases shelf, but didn't want to spend the $25 ratio variant price on it cause I didn't particularly like the cover, so I grabbed the regular cover.

Yeah , sure you did. Rolling Eyes
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 5:05:57 pm
  • this guy lol...have a wonderful day lol

fight the good fight jdr lol

p.s. you can use this actual conversation/debate whatever you want to call it as a generalization of the ratio for this argument...tho lets be honest itd be more in the realm of 95% would disagree with you...take care

Last edited February 1, 2022 5:12:35 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 5:15:53 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    this guy lol...have a wonderful day lol

fight the good fight jdr lol

p.s. you can use this actual conversation/debate whatever you want to call it as a generalization of the ratio for this argument...tho lets be honest itd be more in the realm of 95% would disagree with you...take care

Funny, given what the book actually does sell for, on the very rare occasion one does come up for sale , I would posit that you are, in fact, the one with the minority opinion.

Good day.
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 5:19:42 pm
  • Have a wonderful day jdr...collecting takes all kinds...thats what i love about the hobby lol
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 5:54:50 pm
  • Wow, can't believe JDR rolled his eyes at me.

This comic came out in 2011. I have over 34K comics in my collection, and have been collecting for the past 40+ years. To doubt that I saw this on the shelves back in 2011 is calling me a liar, which I don't really care. To those that have this comic, good for you. And for those that are willing to spend $35K on this comic, wish I had that much money to spend crazily.
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 6:02:38 pm
  • Vengeance said:
    Wow, can't believe JDR rolled his eyes at me.

This comic came out in 2011. I have over 34K comics in my collection, and have been collecting for the past 40+ years. To doubt that I saw this on the shelves back in 2011 is calling me a liar, which I don't really care. To those that have this comic, good for you. And for those that are willing to spend $35K on this comic, wish I had that much money to spend crazily.

You got an eye roll because the book was a 1:100 that only a handful of shops actually qualified for and ordered (hence the extraordinary rarity), and was selling for $300+ on the day of release. Even if the book wasn't a ghost upon release, and was not immediately hot and highly sought after on day one, the odds of any shop selling a 1:100 ASM variant the day they get it for $25 on a shelf are slim to none.
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 8:46:58 pm
  • Yikes, what happened to this post?
    Yes, the book was a 1:00 variant. Yes, there are only 225 on planet Earth. Yes, people are paying big bucks for them (mostly because the cover is nice?). Now everyone take a deep breath and chillax.
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 9:42:49 pm
  • i consider myself a comicbooklover and have really never wondered in all those years what my comics would be worth, anyway thats not the reason why i buy comics, i buy what i want to read and if it has a certain value years later it will be better, i anyway never sell my comics it will be for my son to decide. to me that is the definition of an comic book collector, people who buy because it will be worth a lot later are not real comic fans in my opinion, but that's just my narrow-minded worthless opinion. in any case I will never get rich from my collection and it is not my intention at all, I buy because I am triggered to want to read the comic or because I want to collect certain writers/series, only my two cents

as a european I don't really understand that in the USA people buy the same book 20 times, here in Europe that doesn't exist, you buy a comic and there might be a reprint but it's the same cover. in europe, the age of a comic count not witch "cover". don't get me wrong this only counts for comics from my country no US comics. This is the big difference between us and europe comic collectors.

My US collection only consists of trades/HC/grapic novels for the simple reason that we have a hard time getting us comics and I immediately have a whole story. of course I know that those trades/HC will never be worth much but I don't care.

in my belgian collection there is value in my collection but no treasures of excessive value. but I never buy them, people in my country buy only as an investment. I don't, I want to read a comic not put it on a shelf and never read it.

Last edited February 1, 2022 10:02:44 pm
    English is not my native language, please forgive my grammar / spelling...
    (First non-English speaking Moderator on CBR)

Paling & Ko by Francisco Ibáñez
  • Posted: February 2, 2022 2:24:11 am
  • I was just checking in and see that the replies went from 4 to 25 pretty quickly and it seems to have gotten off track a bit. Anyways, $35K for a top end copy in 9.8 is probably the top of the mountain. Most copies won't grade 9.8 since about 100 of the 225 copies were rumored to have incurred some minor damage during shipping. Still curious what an ungraded lower end copy would sell for but pretty hard to gauge if there's no activity. Would you pay $10K? Probably not from the responses so far but I guess it depends if you have the money and the need to have one. Collecting can be an addiction especially if you are a completist.
  • Posted: February 2, 2022 9:34:00 am
  • stormraider said:
    I was just checking in and see that the replies went from 4 to 25 pretty quickly and it seems to have gotten off track a bit. Anyways, $35K for a top end copy in 9.8 is probably the top of the mountain. Most copies won't grade 9.8 since about 100 of the 225 copies were rumored to have incurred some minor damage during shipping. Still curious what an ungraded lower end copy would sell for but pretty hard to gauge if there's no activity. Would you pay $10K? Probably not from the responses so far but I guess it depends if you have the money and the need to have one. Collecting can be an addiction especially if you are a completist.

The last raw copy.sold was years ago at this point. It was not in perfect condition by any means but went for $8500.
  • Posted: February 2, 2022 1:29:05 pm
  • MacheteF7 said:
    AmZoMBiE said:
    house n car or 1 modern variant lol?
    Yeah I know it didn't really measure up in terms of dollar amount to the ASM issue but I came across it this weekend and was just blown away that people are paying that much for that book.

To Machete: Can you provide details about the copy for sale you saw last week. Was it graded? If not, what was estimated grade? How much were they asking? Did it sell?
  • Posted: February 2, 2022 2:49:26 pm
  • The link to the book I was speaking of, Ghost Rider #1, is above in my previous post
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: February 2, 2022 4:35:36 pm
  • MacheteF7 said:
    The link to the book I was speaking of, Ghost Rider #1, is above in my previous post

Sorry. My mistake. I thought you were talking about the ASM Dell'Otto.
  • Posted: February 2, 2022 9:24:32 pm
  • No worries pal Very Happy
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: February 5, 2022 5:47:58 pm
  • My story about this comic is: I saw some people on here talking about how rare it was and people were paying lots of money for it. This was close to when it came out. I looked at my online store, they had it for $70 so I got it. It was 9.2 or so.

Since I had this "impossible to get" cover I decided to try and collect all the ASM covers. I made a pretty good dent in doing that, even getting all the #800 covers [didn't get all the 666 though].

Then I decided this was stupid. I'm only missing 50 or so in the first 100 to have a complete run, why am I spending money on extra covers of moderns? Plus, when and if I ever sell my collection, you'd have to find that one special person who cares about the covers to make your money back .... if you even do in that circumstance.

So I unloaded almost all my variant covers, including #667. I sold that one for $800 or so ... not a bad profit. Now if they're selling for thousands .... oh well. For every comic you keep hoping it goes way up, you'll get handfuls that do the opposite.

I REALLY regret selling my Edge of Spider-Verse #2 copies. I had 5 of those, sold them for around $50 a piece thinking it was the highest it was going to go. Sold my 2-3 extra Saga #1s for $90.

Ok this is getting depressing now ....

Last edited February 5, 2022 5:48:20 pm
  • Posted: February 9, 2022 9:03:35 pm
  • our values are based on raw copies at 9.4...every other "grade" is a percentage of the 9.4 value. i cannot nor will i value a raw book the same as a graded one because that is lying to the community. We go by hard numbers, and if the sales arent there to prove value, then i cannot just guess. I would rather it be wildly undervalued then significantly overvalued in our system. saying this if you are referring to our value in our system.

Last edited February 9, 2022 9:04:34 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
  • Posted: February 10, 2022 2:53:33 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    our values are based on raw copies at 9.4...every other "grade" is a percentage of the 9.4 value. i cannot nor will i value a raw book the same as a graded one because that is lying to the community. We go by hard numbers, and if the sales arent there to prove value, then i cannot just guess. I would rather it be wildly undervalued then significantly overvalued in our system. saying this if you are referring to our value in our system.

Hi. I'm wasn't sure what you were referring to but I was just linking to a current auction for an 8.0 copy of this book that's on ebay now.

However I did go and look at what thi site lists as a "9.4 raw value" of this book , and I will say that $800 is patently absurd, and only off by about 7 grand. This book hasn't sniffed anywhere near 800 raw in any condition, raw or graded, in about a decade.
  • Posted: February 10, 2022 4:51:04 pm
  • Show me proof and ill gladly update...we dont GUESS here.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
  • Posted: February 10, 2022 4:56:05 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    Show me proof and ill gladly update...we dont GUESS here.

Lol proof ? You mean "other " than GPA, go collect, heritage auctions, and this independent site?

https://recalledcomics.com/AmazingSpider-Man667DellOtto.php

Your hatred for this book is weird.
  • Posted: February 10, 2022 5:04:28 pm
  • JDR said:
    AmZoMBiE said:

Lol proof ? You mean "other " than GPA, go collect, heritage auctions, and this independent site?

Not as much as your obsession with it...Confused

• Posted: February 10, 2022 5:10:16 pm
  • Canuck said:
    JDR said:
    AmZoMBiE said:

Not as much as your obsession with it...Confused

No. The difference is, I am stating facts and actual data points.

You've done nothing but state your opinion, and I think we are all well aware what that is at this point.

But as the old saying goes - you are entitled to your opinions, not your own facts.

Fact- This is an $8500 book in NM raw condition, whether you update your site to reflect that fact, or not.

• Posted: February 10, 2022 5:11:25 pm
  • Your opinion is your opinion, i will no longer converse with you...have a great day.

Definition of FACT

Fact
    /fakt/
    noun
    a thing that is known or proved to be true.
    "he ignores some historical and economic facts"
    Similar:
    reality
    actuality
    certainty
    factuality
    certitude
    truth
    naked truth
    verity
    gospel
    Opposite:
    lie
    fiction
    information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article.
    "even the most inventive journalism peters out without facts, and in this case there were no facts"
    Similar:
    detail
    piece of information
    particular
    item
    specific
    element
    point
    factor
    feature
    characteristic
    respect
    ingredient
    attribute
    circumstance
    consideration
    aspect
    facet
    information
    itemized information
    whole story
    info
    lowdown
    score
    dope
    gen
    LAW
    the truth about events as opposed to interpretation.
    "there was a question of fact as to whether they had received the letter".

-------------------------------

Copied and pasted straight from Google... PROVE IT...

Last edited February 10, 2022 5:13:42 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
  • Posted: February 10, 2022 5:38:59 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    Your opinion is your opinion, i will no longer converse with you...have a great day.

Definition of FACT

Fact
    /fakt/
    noun
    a thing that is known or proved to be true.
    "he ignores some historical and economic facts"
    Similar:
    reality
    actuality
    certainty
    factuality
    certitude
    truth
    naked truth
    verity
    gospel
    Opposite:
    lie
    fiction
    information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article.
    "even the most inventive journalism peters out without facts, and in this case there were no facts"
    Similar:
    detail
    piece of information
    particular
    item
    specific
    element
    point
    factor
    feature
    characteristic
    respect
    ingredient
    attribute
    circumstance
    consideration
    aspect
    facet
    information
    itemized information
    whole story
    info
    lowdown
    score
    dope
    gen
    LAW
    the truth about events as opposed to interpretation.
    "there was a question of fact as to whether they had received the letter".

-------------------------------

Copied and pasted straight from Google... PROVE IT...

So impartial sales aggregator sites like GPA and gocollect, as well as recalledcomics.com that ALL report actual sales of this book in both raw and graded conditions, is not enough "facts" for you to see how completely and utterly wrong you are ?

Weird.

• Posted: February 10, 2022 5:49:17 pm
  • Seems to me you've been the aggressor on this JDR
    Simple solution if you think this book is under valued just post in the Price Check forum with links and proof.
    This has been a forum for discussion, and not a place to argue.
    Personally I don't care one way or another if this book sells for 35K or 100k as I would never buy it.

• Posted: February 10, 2022 9:05:08 pm
  • Canuck said:
    Seems to me you've been the aggressor on this JDR
    Simple solution if you think this book is under valued just post in the Price Check forum with links and proof.
    This has been a forum for discussion, and not a place to argue.
    Personally I don't care one way or another if this book sells for 35K or 100k as I would never buy it.

You're calling me the "aggressor"? Is that actually supposed to be a serious assessment ?

You have this guy- a moderator no less- come in to this dude's thread where he asked one simple question, and promptly proceed to bash a comic he clearly has some kind of bizarre vendetta against. First he says no one in the hobby even cares about the book. Then he responds to a comment that was directed at someone else , with something that I wasn't even talking about (the nonsensical, completely inaccurate "value" attributed to the book by this site). And then when I politely responded with actual data points from multiple data sources he called me "obsessed".

Again, this is supposed to be a moderator behaving this way.

Look, I know that guy is just itching to find a reason to ban me. And guess what , if he does, he will only prove my point further about the inappropriate conduct of this individual.
  • Posted: February 10, 2022 10:15:46 pm
  • lol... your memory is incorrect here...maybe you need to freshen up on the conversation by reading back before you try and get personal and accuse me of things that are Very much untrue...lol

i apologize if your non proof proof of just your word doesnt suffice for a value change. but rules are rules...follow them and ill gladly update the value...ill end this one with a smile so you dont think im plotting and scheming things in the background lol...Very Happy

Last edited February 10, 2022 10:17:33 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
  • Posted: February 11, 2022 12:03:07 pm
  • There is no reason to go round and round on this.

The rules of the site are simple. We currently value comics based on verified RAW value sales. Once the new CGC Analyzer is live you can get Certified values, and we will start to take those into consideration on the raw side. However, at this time unless we can show recent sales of a given issue we cannot change the value of a comic because someone is asking for it.

Heck, if this was the case I want $1,000,000 for my NFL SuperPro
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: February 11, 2022 1:41:58 pm
  • dough boy said:
    There is no reason to go round and round on this.

The rules of the site are simple. We currently value comics based on verified RAW value sales. Once the new CGC Analyzer is live you can get Certified values, and we will start to take those into consideration on the raw side. However, at this time unless we can show recent sales of a given issue we cannot change the value of a comic because someone is asking for it.

Heck, if this was the case I want $1,000,000 for my NFL SuperPro

The last "raw" copy of ASM 667 dell'otto sold for $8500, as memorialized here.

Let me guess, not good enough ? Rolling Eyes
  • Posted: February 11, 2022 2:43:43 pm
  • "These seem to be incredibly hard to get a hold of with very few sales: in February 2019, a raw copy sold for $8,500 and a CGC 9.4 copy sold in the previous month for $13,300!"

Where is the proof/validation that either of these is correct? Maybe GPA has it for the CGC version? I am not saying they are lying, but we can't just take random websites "word" for it. Heck, even that page says the value is only $6,500.

It would be like me finding an article on the web saying how 2 years ago an ASM #1 in raw NM condition sold for $5k. What do I do with this now? Is it still worth $5k, is it worth more, less?

I am not saying that we have to have multiple sales (although it helps). And I am not saying we have to have a raw value to update the pricing. But just with no recent sales we can't just infer what we think the value might be. Heck...you could have someone want to pay $1m for a 9.4 copy.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: February 11, 2022 3:24:27 pm
  • dough boy said:
    "These seem to be incredibly hard to get a hold of with very few sales: in February 2019, a raw copy sold for $8,500 and a CGC 9.4 copy sold in the previous month for $13,300!"

Where is the proof/validation that either of these is correct? Maybe GPA has it for the CGC version? I am not saying they are lying, but we can't just take random websites "word" for it. Heck, even that page says the value is only $6,500.

It would be like me finding an article on the web saying how 2 years ago an ASM #1 in raw NM condition sold for $5k. What do I do with this now? Is it still worth $5k, is it worth more, less?

I am not saying that we have to have multiple sales (although it helps). And I am not saying we have to have a raw value to update the pricing. But just with no recent sales we can't just infer what we think the value might be. Heck...you could have someone want to pay $1m for a 9.4 copy.

There is no data source for raw comic sales. Other than Overstreet. Which is nearly worthless at this point. I'm sure you know that. Recalledcomics is a well respected source that catalogues sales that's literally all that it does. You think they're lying about that sale for this particular book ? Yeah, sure okay. That sale was discussed in other threads on this very site, look around I'm sure you'll be able to find it.

And I've already pointed out that both GPA and go collect have multiple extremely high dollar sales of slabbed copies, including a sale for over $33,600 in June of last year that other people have pointed out.

Slabbing a worthless modern might make it a $50-60 book. It does not make it a $40,000 book. Suggesting anything other than that is disingenuous, at best, and moronic at worst.

Oh, and I also linked an ongoing ebay auction for an 8.0 that's already at $1500+ with three days still left to go.

But yeah, sure , a "raw" 9.4 is an $800 book. Keep your ridiculous value as it is, I do not care , nor does it actually impact anything. It's the credibility of your site taking the hit here , not mine.
  • Posted: February 11, 2022 7:01:28 pm
  • JDR said:
    stormraider said:
    Any idea on how much a copy of ASM #667 Dell' Otto is going for these days?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5336824214&toolid=10001&
    I haven't seen one for sale on Ebay in a long time since all 225 copies are squirreled away in private collections.

This ought to give you a good idea on what a minimum graded value is right here...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224827911159?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5336824214&toolid=10001&hash=item3458c9abf7:g:SqMAAOSwiq1iAUjJ

Hey JDR, Thanks for the heads up on the Ebay auction. Will be very interested in what the final sale price will be.Smile Seller may have been better off if they had not had it graded. I think it will hurt rather than help the sale value.

Last edited February 11, 2022 7:09:50 pm
  • Posted: February 11, 2022 8:31:54 pm
  • JDR said:
    Recalledcomics is a well respected source that catalogues sales that's literally all that it does. You think they're lying about that sale for this particular book ? Yeah, sure okay. That sale was discussed in other threads on this very site, look around I'm sure you'll be able to find it.

And yet this "well-respected" site lists an $8,500 sale but yet themselves say is only worth $6,500. I am not saying they are lying. I am saying that there is no proof what they have is accurate (although I would believe it is).

JDR said:
    But yeah, sure , a "raw" 9.4 is an $800 book. Keep your ridiculous value as it is, I do not care , nor does it actually impact anything. It's the credibility of your site taking the hit here , not mine.

I am not worried about the credibility of the site taking a hit on our valuation policy. If anything I am worried about the credibility of the site taking a hit because we continue to allow you to spout off.

As I see it, you have two options. Your choice.

Option #1:

You are more than welcome to find another home to track your collection. I looked at two other competitor websites and one has the value at $1,200, and the other at $2,500. Please feel free to question their policies too and see if they will change their value.

To delete your account click on "my collection > edit (next to user info) > delete account". Or if you want I can do it.

Option #2:

Let it go.

• Posted: February 13, 2022 1:52:49 pm
  • dough boy said:
    JDR said:
    Recalledcomics is a well respected source that catalogues sales that's literally all that it does. You think they're lying about that sale for this particular book ? Yeah, sure okay. That sale was discussed in other threads on this very site, look around I'm sure you'll be able to find it.

And yet this "well-respected" site lists an $8,500 sale but yet themselves say is only worth $6,500. I am not saying they are lying. I am saying that there is no proof what they have is accurate (although I would believe it is).

JDR said:

I am not worried about the credibility of the site taking a hit on our valuation policy. If anything I am worried about the credibility of the site taking a hit because we continue to allow you to spout off.

As I see it, you have two options. Your choice.

Option #1:

You are more than welcome to find another home to track your collection. I looked at two other competitor websites and one has the value at $1,200, and the other at $2,500. Please feel free to question their policies too and see if they will change their value.

To delete your account click on "my collection > edit (next to user info) > delete account". Or if you want I can do it.

Option #2:

Let it go.

Is there a there a third option where I'm allowed to post and ask you a direct question ?

What is/are the actual recent sale(s) that this site is relying on to come up with a NM value of "$800" for this NM/M $40,000 book?

Side note - the VF copy at auction on eBay just broke $2k with over 110 watchers and counting and more than a day left to bid. (Not bad for a book "nobody cares about" lol.)

Last edited February 13, 2022 2:03:31 pm
  • Posted: February 13, 2022 2:13:53 pm
  • PROVIDE PROOF...VERY SIMPLE...STOP ARGUING AND FIGHTING LITERALLY EVERYONE AND PROVIDE SOLID NUMBERS. EASY RULE... ALSO 1 SALE DOES NOT EQUAL A MARKET...

IF YOU WANT TO USE ANOTHER COMIC GUIDE AS PROOF, LETS SEE THEIR PROOF...SHOW US ACTUAL SALES DATA...

Last edited February 13, 2022 2:19:23 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
  • Posted: February 13, 2022 2:18:14 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    PROVIDE PROOF...VERY SIMPLE...STOP ARGUING AND FIGHTING LITERALLY EVERYONE AND PROVIDE SOLID NUMBERS. EASY RULE... ALSO 1 SALE DOES NOT EQUAL A MARKET...

Lol I provided plenty of proof. GPA, go collect , recalledcomics. The current copy up for bids on ebay.

Where's yours? What recent sales of "$800" are you using to come up with that value? Simple question.

Last edited February 13, 2022 2:18:54 pm
  • Posted: February 13, 2022 2:20:38 pm
  • I see words written on a screen, i dont see any proof...i can list stuff too and yell and scream, and demean everybody too, that gets you no where...same as "Because I Said So" proof... lol

I dont need proof to Not adjust a price...use your head

Last edited February 13, 2022 2:21:01 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
  • Posted: February 13, 2022 2:24:59 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    I see words written on a screen, i dont see any proof...i can list stuff too and yell and scream, and demean everybody too, that gets you no where...same as "Because I Said So" proof... lol

I dont need proof to Not adjust a price...use your head

GPA, go collect and a current auction for a VF copy on eBay that is now at over $2k. There's your proof. So stop asking.

Now it's on you to come up with some actual data. I will ask you one more time. What recent sales of "$800" are you using to justify that value in the first place ? Failure to come up with anything and post it will tell me all I need to know. Thanks in advance.

Last edited February 13, 2022 2:26:38 pm
  • Posted: February 13, 2022 2:27:48 pm
  • i dont have to, i was given proof by a non confrontational member back in 2014 that followed the very very simple rules... when the last value change was done...i still see no proof...i can list sites too...mycomicshop, comicspriceguide, comiccollectorslive...all good sites...not proof though...good try, seems you just want to fight because no one agrees with your opinion...so go ahead and rebut...we will be expecting the demeaning messages lol...

Last edited February 13, 2022 2:28:16 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
  • Posted: February 13, 2022 2:34:52 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    i dont have to, i was given proof by a non confrontational member back in 2014 that followed the very very simple rules... when the last value change was done...i still see no proof...i can list sites too...mycomicshop, comicspriceguide, comiccollectorslive...all good sites...not proof though...good try, seems you just want to fight because no one agrees with your opinion...so go ahead and rebut...we will be expecting the demeaning messages lol...

Seriously dude you leave me nearly speechless. Public sales on sales aggregator sites record multiple transactions of tens of thousands of dollars, and you're sticking with "$800" because of what some guy posted 8 years ago. Lol

I'm sorry , I just can't with this. Lol

Any-who It will be fun watching that VF copy on eBay sell for 3500-5000 in a day and a half. But of course that sale won't count for you either, because.... reasons. Regardless, this is Easily the most valuable and sought after comic book printed in the last 30+ years. Whether you think so or not.

Last edited February 13, 2022 2:36:55 pm
  • Posted: February 13, 2022 2:42:30 pm
  • lol show me, as i have literally asked for days of your arguements... youve shown no data other then a book thats still bidding, which is graded and has no bearing on a raw books value...

indulge me for a minute...during the covid break when everyone was getting sent money and this book was at the top of its height (not now mind you, about a year + ago) you decided to buy this book for, by your arguments I'm deducing $30k range....then everything opened up, covid freebees were spent, and now on the decline of said book...the unknowing speculators are scrambling to find a way to recoup...does any of this sound like your situation? The way you have acted the last couple days would make 100% sense if this were the case...not saying its okay or acceptable, but itd be more understandable

Last edited February 13, 2022 2:49:26 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
  • Posted: February 13, 2022 2:48:48 pm
  • JDR said:

What is/are the actual recent sale(s) that this site is relying on to come up with a NM value of "$800" for this NM/M $40,000 book?

Side note - the VF copy at auction on eBay just broke $2k with over 110 watchers and counting and more than a day left to bid. (Not bad for a book "nobody cares about" lol.)

None. You can see the pricing history it hasn't been updated in awhile. This is what we are trying to tell you. More than happy to update the pricing with verified recent sales.

• Posted: February 13, 2022 2:59:11 pm
  • JDR said:
    GPA, go collect and a current auction for a VF copy on eBay that is now at over $2k. There's your proof. So stop asking.

Now it's on you to come up with some actual data. I will ask you one more time. What recent sales of "$800" are you using to justify that value in the first place ? Failure to come up with anything and post it will tell me all I need to know. Thanks in advance.

Again, GPA, GoCollect and the one on eBay are certified sales. We do NOT use them when evaluating RAW values (currently).

Last edited February 13, 2022 3:15:22 pm

• Posted: February 14, 2022 8:47:36 pm
  • stormraider said:
    JDR said:
    stormraider said:
    Any idea on how much a copy of ASM #667 Dell' Otto is going for these days?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5336824214&toolid=10001&

This ought to give you a good idea on what a minimum graded value is right here...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224827911159?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5336824214&toolid=10001&hash=item3458c9abf7:g:SqMAAOSwiq1iAUjJ

Hey JDR, Thanks for the heads up on the Ebay auction. Will be very interested in what the final sale price will be.Smile Seller may have been better off if they had not had it graded. I think it will hurt rather than help the sale value.

$7366 for the VF copy.

Not bad for a book "nobody cares about". Lol

But in all seriousness that's likely your floor price for this book now , whether raw or graded.

Last edited February 14, 2022 8:54:29 pm
  • Posted: February 14, 2022 9:16:31 pm
  • Thank you for bringing attention to a graded comic that will automatically be reflected in the CGC Analyzer.

62 posts • Page 1 of 7
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • David A. Kyle's Fantasy World Issue # 1
  • DC Comics's Galaxy: The Prettiest Star TPB # 1
  • B Publications's Oh Issue # 8
  • Davida Gypsy Breier's Xerography Debt Issue # 42