feature requests

ASM # 667 Dell'Otto (Comic Book Forums)

• ASM # 667 Dell'Otto

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 10, 2022 5:38:59 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    Your opinion is your opinion, i will no longer converse with you...have a great day.

Definition of FACT

Fact
    /fakt/
    noun
    a thing that is known or proved to be true.
    "he ignores some historical and economic facts"
    Similar:
    reality
    actuality
    certainty
    factuality
    certitude
    truth
    naked truth
    verity
    gospel
    Opposite:
    lie
    fiction
    information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article.
    "even the most inventive journalism peters out without facts, and in this case there were no facts"
    Similar:
    detail
    piece of information
    particular
    item
    specific
    element
    point
    factor
    feature
    characteristic
    respect
    ingredient
    attribute
    circumstance
    consideration
    aspect
    facet
    information
    itemized information
    whole story
    info
    lowdown
    score
    dope
    gen
    LAW
    the truth about events as opposed to interpretation.
    "there was a question of fact as to whether they had received the letter".

-------------------------------

Copied and pasted straight from Google... PROVE IT...

So impartial sales aggregator sites like GPA and gocollect, as well as recalledcomics.com that ALL report actual sales of this book in both raw and graded conditions, is not enough "facts" for you to see how completely and utterly wrong you are ?

Weird.

• Posted: February 10, 2022 5:49:17 pm
  • Seems to me you've been the aggressor on this JDR
    Simple solution if you think this book is under valued just post in the Price Check forum with links and proof.
    This has been a forum for discussion, and not a place to argue.
    Personally I don't care one way or another if this book sells for 35K or 100k as I would never buy it.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: February 10, 2022 9:05:08 pm
  • Canuck said:
    Seems to me you've been the aggressor on this JDR
    Simple solution if you think this book is under valued just post in the Price Check forum with links and proof.
    This has been a forum for discussion, and not a place to argue.
    Personally I don't care one way or another if this book sells for 35K or 100k as I would never buy it.

You're calling me the "aggressor"? Is that actually supposed to be a serious assessment ?

You have this guy- a moderator no less- come in to this dude's thread where he asked one simple question, and promptly proceed to bash a comic he clearly has some kind of bizarre vendetta against. First he says no one in the hobby even cares about the book. Then he responds to a comment that was directed at someone else , with something that I wasn't even talking about (the nonsensical, completely inaccurate "value" attributed to the book by this site). And then when I politely responded with actual data points from multiple data sources he called me "obsessed".

Again, this is supposed to be a moderator behaving this way.

Look, I know that guy is just itching to find a reason to ban me. And guess what , if he does, he will only prove my point further about the inappropriate conduct of this individual.
  • Posted: February 10, 2022 10:15:46 pm
  • lol... your memory is incorrect here...maybe you need to freshen up on the conversation by reading back before you try and get personal and accuse me of things that are Very much untrue...lol

i apologize if your non proof proof of just your word doesnt suffice for a value change. but rules are rules...follow them and ill gladly update the value...ill end this one with a smile so you dont think im plotting and scheming things in the background lol...Very Happy

Last edited February 10, 2022 10:17:33 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: February 11, 2022 12:03:07 pm
  • There is no reason to go round and round on this.

The rules of the site are simple. We currently value comics based on verified RAW value sales. Once the new CGC Analyzer is live you can get Certified values, and we will start to take those into consideration on the raw side. However, at this time unless we can show recent sales of a given issue we cannot change the value of a comic because someone is asking for it.

Heck, if this was the case I want $1,000,000 for my NFL SuperPro
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: February 11, 2022 1:41:58 pm
  • dough boy said:
    There is no reason to go round and round on this.

The rules of the site are simple. We currently value comics based on verified RAW value sales. Once the new CGC Analyzer is live you can get Certified values, and we will start to take those into consideration on the raw side. However, at this time unless we can show recent sales of a given issue we cannot change the value of a comic because someone is asking for it.

Heck, if this was the case I want $1,000,000 for my NFL SuperPro

The last "raw" copy of ASM 667 dell'otto sold for $8500, as memorialized here.

https://recalledcomics.com/AmazingSpider-Man667DellOtto.php

Let me guess, not good enough ? Rolling Eyes
  • Posted: February 11, 2022 2:43:43 pm
  • "These seem to be incredibly hard to get a hold of with very few sales: in February 2019, a raw copy sold for $8,500 and a CGC 9.4 copy sold in the previous month for $13,300!"

Where is the proof/validation that either of these is correct? Maybe GPA has it for the CGC version? I am not saying they are lying, but we can't just take random websites "word" for it. Heck, even that page says the value is only $6,500.

It would be like me finding an article on the web saying how 2 years ago an ASM #1 in raw NM condition sold for $5k. What do I do with this now? Is it still worth $5k, is it worth more, less?

I am not saying that we have to have multiple sales (although it helps). And I am not saying we have to have a raw value to update the pricing. But just with no recent sales we can't just infer what we think the value might be. Heck...you could have someone want to pay $1m for a 9.4 copy.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: February 11, 2022 3:24:27 pm
  • dough boy said:
    "These seem to be incredibly hard to get a hold of with very few sales: in February 2019, a raw copy sold for $8,500 and a CGC 9.4 copy sold in the previous month for $13,300!"

Where is the proof/validation that either of these is correct? Maybe GPA has it for the CGC version? I am not saying they are lying, but we can't just take random websites "word" for it. Heck, even that page says the value is only $6,500.

It would be like me finding an article on the web saying how 2 years ago an ASM #1 in raw NM condition sold for $5k. What do I do with this now? Is it still worth $5k, is it worth more, less?

I am not saying that we have to have multiple sales (although it helps). And I am not saying we have to have a raw value to update the pricing. But just with no recent sales we can't just infer what we think the value might be. Heck...you could have someone want to pay $1m for a 9.4 copy.

There is no data source for raw comic sales. Other than Overstreet. Which is nearly worthless at this point. I'm sure you know that. Recalledcomics is a well respected source that catalogues sales that's literally all that it does. You think they're lying about that sale for this particular book ? Yeah, sure okay. That sale was discussed in other threads on this very site, look around I'm sure you'll be able to find it.

And I've already pointed out that both GPA and go collect have multiple extremely high dollar sales of slabbed copies, including a sale for over $33,600 in June of last year that other people have pointed out.

Slabbing a worthless modern might make it a $50-60 book. It does not make it a $40,000 book. Suggesting anything other than that is disingenuous, at best, and moronic at worst.

Oh, and I also linked an ongoing ebay auction for an 8.0 that's already at $1500+ with three days still left to go.

But yeah, sure , a "raw" 9.4 is an $800 book. Keep your ridiculous value as it is, I do not care , nor does it actually impact anything. It's the credibility of your site taking the hit here , not mine.
  • Posted: February 11, 2022 7:01:28 pm
  • JDR said:
    stormraider said:
    Any idea on how much a copy of ASM #667 Dell' Otto is going for these days?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5336824214&toolid=10001&
    I haven't seen one for sale on Ebay in a long time since all 225 copies are squirreled away in private collections.

This ought to give you a good idea on what a minimum graded value is right here...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224827911159?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5336824214&toolid=10001&hash=item3458c9abf7:g:SqMAAOSwiq1iAUjJ

Hey JDR, Thanks for the heads up on the Ebay auction. Will be very interested in what the final sale price will be.Smile Seller may have been better off if they had not had it graded. I think it will hurt rather than help the sale value.

Last edited February 11, 2022 7:09:50 pm
  • Posted: February 11, 2022 8:31:54 pm
  • JDR said:
    Recalledcomics is a well respected source that catalogues sales that's literally all that it does. You think they're lying about that sale for this particular book ? Yeah, sure okay. That sale was discussed in other threads on this very site, look around I'm sure you'll be able to find it.

And yet this "well-respected" site lists an $8,500 sale but yet themselves say is only worth $6,500. I am not saying they are lying. I am saying that there is no proof what they have is accurate (although I would believe it is).

JDR said:
    But yeah, sure , a "raw" 9.4 is an $800 book. Keep your ridiculous value as it is, I do not care , nor does it actually impact anything. It's the credibility of your site taking the hit here , not mine.

I am not worried about the credibility of the site taking a hit on our valuation policy. If anything I am worried about the credibility of the site taking a hit because we continue to allow you to spout off.

As I see it, you have two options. Your choice.

Option #1:

You are more than welcome to find another home to track your collection. I looked at two other competitor websites and one has the value at $1,200, and the other at $2,500. Please feel free to question their policies too and see if they will change their value.

To delete your account click on "my collection > edit (next to user info) > delete account". Or if you want I can do it.

Option #2:

Let it go.

62 posts • Page 1 of 7
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Alien Books's Kerberos in the Silver Rain Soft Cover # 1
  • DC Comics's Nightwing Issue # 113d
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 6
  • Marvel Comics's What If? Venom Issue # 3btc/ce