feature requests

ASM # 667 Dell'Otto (Comic Book Forums)

• ASM # 667 Dell'Otto

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 1:04:53 pm
  • Fun fact - books have sold for exorbitant sums based on the cover alone , going back to the golden age.

One would assume that any moderately seasoned comic book collector would know that.

Couple that with being extremely rare in the main ASM run and BOOM! goes dynamite.
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 1:24:12 pm
  • so like i said, being a seasoned collector lmao, people are crazy to spend $35,000 on a MODERN comic book that has no significance to the Comic Book world...None...If you want to trade your house for one, by all means, but i will stay grounded in logic lol
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 1:55:06 pm
  • You're obviously speaking for yourself, since, evidently, "the comic book world" vehemently disagrees with your opinion, hence the prices that have consistently been realized on this book for over a decade now.
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 3:42:34 pm
  • I agree with Zombie, crazy and I would never spend that amount on any comic...now if I had one and was offered $35k for it I would sell it in an instant.

Biggest problem spending that amount is will it hold its value and will you get the money back when you decide to sell.

Last edited February 1, 2022 3:44:52 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: February 1, 2022 3:43:51 pm
  • lol most will canuck... lol and No...the comic book world does not...225 people do...that is a VERY small sample size of the comic book community lol...and id put money on the fact that most of those that currently own it, would also not spend $35,000 on it, they got it for WAAAAY less lol

Its okay to be a little coocoo...thats why we are all collectors isnt it lol

Last edited February 1, 2022 3:48:50 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 4:29:50 pm
  • If "only" 225 people in the world cared about the book I'm pretty sure it would still be selling for somewhere around cover price and not fifty grand.
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 4:34:08 pm
  • A little coocoo is ok, but to spend $35K on a modern is just plain crazy.

I remember seeing it on the new releases shelf, but didn't want to spend the $25 ratio variant price on it cause I didn't particularly like the cover, so I grabbed the regular cover.
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 5:04:08 pm
  • Vengeance said:
    A little coocoo is ok, but to spend $35K on a modern is just plain crazy.

I remember seeing it on the new releases shelf, but didn't want to spend the $25 ratio variant price on it cause I didn't particularly like the cover, so I grabbed the regular cover.

Yeah , sure you did. Rolling Eyes
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 5:05:57 pm
  • this guy lol...have a wonderful day lol

fight the good fight jdr lol

p.s. you can use this actual conversation/debate whatever you want to call it as a generalization of the ratio for this argument...tho lets be honest itd be more in the realm of 95% would disagree with you...take care

Last edited February 1, 2022 5:12:35 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: February 1, 2022 5:15:53 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    this guy lol...have a wonderful day lol

fight the good fight jdr lol

p.s. you can use this actual conversation/debate whatever you want to call it as a generalization of the ratio for this argument...tho lets be honest itd be more in the realm of 95% would disagree with you...take care

Funny, given what the book actually does sell for, on the very rare occasion one does come up for sale , I would posit that you are, in fact, the one with the minority opinion.

Good day.
62 posts • Page 1 of 7
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Band of Bards's Coins Of Judas: Same Old Song And Dance Issue # 1
  • Titan Comics's Life Is Strange: Forget-Me-Not Issue # 2c
  • IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Saturday Morning Adventures - April Special Issue # 1
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths Issue # 9c