feature requests

Just curious (Comic Book Forums)

• Just curious

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 13, 2021 11:43:28 pm
  • I love comics in general, but absolutely despise (most) superhero adaptations(tv/movies). Is it enough to love *only* the source material, but absolutely hurl whenever you see the latest ads/trailers for the latest run-of-the-mill superhero garbage?

Last edited October 13, 2021 11:54:06 pm
  • Posted: October 13, 2021 11:55:17 pm
  • What did the goat say after it ate the movie reel?

"The book was better."

The book is always better my friend. That being said, I enjoy the movies for what they are. The trick is to be selective about which ones you watch because some are good but others are really bad. If only I could get in a time machine and go back to 1995 and tell myself not to go see the Stallone Judge Dredd movie!
    Did I err?
  • Posted: October 14, 2021 11:48:43 am
  • There have been a lot of stinkers when it comes to comic book movies. But not all of them.

The 4 Avengers movies were very good. The first Wonder Woman was excellent. The last 3 Batman movies were enjoyable. The 2 Deadpool movies were fun as heck. The 2 Kick-A$$ movies were also very worthwhile.

I'm missing a couple, but I have nothing but nice things to say about the above movies.
  • Posted: October 14, 2021 12:26:40 pm
  • I don't understand your question. Is somebody forcing you to love certain movies?
  • Posted: October 17, 2021 9:52:05 pm
  • Maybe not perfect but I do believe that some adaptations have been a lot of fun. In addition to some that have already been mentioned here are some others that I would consider enjoyable:

X-men the Animated Series
    Batman The Animated Series
    Batman (1989)
    Batman Begins
    Teenage Murder Ninja Turtles (1990)
    The Crow (1994)
    Logan
    Dredd
    Walking Dead (seasons 1-3) I stopped watching after that.
    Superman (1978
    Superman II
    Road to Perdition

Probably a lot more that I’m not recalling right now.

Last edited October 17, 2021 9:53:13 pm
  • Posted: October 17, 2021 10:01:57 pm
  • Ah! How could I forget Guardians of the Galax (2014)? super fun movie
  • Posted: October 17, 2021 10:47:55 pm
  • Cool how this has become a thread to discuss the comic book movies done well. I like most the ones suggested so far, and would add these to the list:

Watchmen
    Mystery Men
    Scott Pilgrim vs The World
    Blade
    Swamp Thing
    Did I err?
  • Posted: October 30, 2021 11:44:04 pm
  • What I find funny is if you read superhero comics, you're typically looked at as a dork or immature. However, if you're one of the millions and millions that watched Avengers and loved it, then no big deal. So reading about guys in tights with powers is nerdy, but watching grown men dressed up in tights with CGI .... cool. Personally, I find superhero concepts much more palatable on paper than on screen.

Reminds me of the quote from Harrison Ford telling George Lucas about his dialogue in Star Wars [paraphrased] "You can write this , but you can't say it". That's how I feel about comics vs. their movies for the most part.

I can still enjoy the movies but I'd rather read the stuff.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 64 years, 95 days, 1 hour of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Ablaze Media's Animal Castle Issue # 1b
  • Marvel Comics's Black Panther Issue # 1
  • Benitez Productions's Lady Mechanika: Sangre Issue # 3nycc
  • Scout Comics's Stabbity Bunny Issue # 8nycc-b