feature requests

CBR Crazy Covers wk#52 (Comic Book Forums)

• CBR Crazy Covers wk#52

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 20, 2021 8:30:52 pm
  • Looks like I've got a case of the Mondays so you know what that means! It is time for week #52 of Crazy Covers!

As I mentioned a few weeks ago this will be the last Crazy Covers. Thank you to all that have participated and kept this thread going! It has been a fun year interacting with all of you and seeing all of your cover submissions. We certainly have had some great ones Very Happy

Here are the rules:
    1.) Post a cover(s) that fits the designated category...easy!
    2.) Infinite amount of covers per person, try and make it a pic and not a link.
    3.) Have fun!

So I'm going to be honest with you, I don't really have a category for this last week lol. I didn't want to make it specific to any one thing so I think the best thing to do for our final week is to just have a free-for-all and submit whatever you want. This weeks category is....USER CHOICE! Whatever cover you want as long as it's clean Shame on you . It could be your favorite artists work, a cover that has special meaning to you or maybe it's a book that has emotional meaning and the cover doesn't really matter. It's whatever you want it to be, just have fun Smile

If you need help posting pics, look here: https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/20/16793/most-commonly-asked-questions

As usual I will start us off and am going with my favorite artists cover. Theres nothing special about this book really, it's not a key or anything but when I was a kid into comics I loved two things, Ghost Rider and Todd McFarlane, and Spider-Man #7 has them both and it is beautiful:

An iconic John Buscema cover that is just so gorgeous, my goodness. Silver Surfer #4. I wish I owned this book but it has skyrocketed in price these last few years and is beyond my reach, maybe someday:

One of my favorite cover artists of the last decade is Stanley "Artgerm" Lau. I saw one of his covers on the rack at my LCS one day and have been hooked ever since. This is my favorite of his but unfortunately I do not own it as it is crazy limited and expensive. Lady Death: Nightmare Symphony #1. Again, maybe someday:

The pic of this book is actually mine that I own and I can't get enough of this one. I love Bronze and Copper Age books, I think it was the best era of comics. The stories, artwork, the bright colors, the layout of the covers, I love the Marvel Comics Group banner on the top, everything. I know Marvel Spotlight #5 is his 1st appearance but I like Ghost Rider #1 better:

And last but not least, this book is just a common issue with no real value except that when I was a kid it was my favorite book to read. I was a big Hulk fan also and to me the real Hulk is the big dumb green one that says HULK SMASH, runs from the law, destroys everything in his path and just wants to be left alone. In this issue the East and West Coast Avengers try to stop him and its pretty darn cool. I'm also a big fan of Iron Man's silver centurion armor lol. Incredible Hulk #316 is one of my favorite childhood memories:

Last edited September 20, 2021 8:38:59 pm
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: September 20, 2021 9:37:40 pm
  • WOW A year already, great job Dancing Applause

The Covers of the first 2 comics I remember buying, and off the spinner rack...

Last edited September 20, 2021 9:51:45 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 20, 2021 9:52:30 pm
  • I really enjoyed the art from the Final Fantasy series so....

Loved the 90s....

And some newer stuff that were cover buys for me....

Last edited September 20, 2021 9:53:37 pm
  • Posted: September 20, 2021 9:53:52 pm
  • Got a little carried away so I'll leave this here to ensure we keep it clean...

Last edited September 20, 2021 9:54:12 pm
  • Posted: September 20, 2021 10:53:20 pm
  • Thanks for doing this for the past year F7! I've enjoyed looking at what everyone posts, and I've enjoyed posting a few myself. I guess all good things must come to an end.

I'll share my favorite covers from my two favorite comics: Groo and Judge Dredd. First, here is my favorite Dredd cover. I remember seeing this as a child thinking it was badass. Now, as a grown, responsible adult, I still think it's pretty badass. Enjoy this wonderful art by the great Brian Bolland:

And now Groo. Sergio Aragonés often tells a story on the cover, and the following cover is a perfect example. It's a wraparound. I'll post the front first, then the back.

Thanks again, F7! This weekly feature added to my CBR experience and it will be missed.

Did I err?
  • Posted: September 21, 2021 12:14:48 pm
  • First things first, A HUGE thank you to MacheteF7 for the time, effort and sheer genius idea of Crazy Covers. I've had a blast these last 52 weeks searching my brain, CBR and the google machine for, um, crazy covers.
    I usually don't like Mondays, but Crazy Covers gave me something to look forward to at the beginning of the week. Many, many thanks again to MacheteF7

I'm going to throw in two of my personal favourites. Then I'll add a few artists I love and one (gulp) of their best covers.

I immediately loved this cover the first time I saw it. Apparently so did everyone else, as this is a pricey book mainly due to the cover. I sure wish i didn't sell this beauty:

Another cover that just looks so cool it defies logic:

Neal Adams certainly impressed the comic book world with his Batman covers from many years ago:

Simon Bisley is the man. You want proof? Okay, how about the front and back cover of the legendary Batman/Judge Dredd crossover:

Brian Bolland was mainly a cover artist for his entire career. Not sure why he chose that route, but his covers are usually awesome:

I have always enjoyed Kelley Jones artwork. It looks weird, it doesn't make sense, but I love it anyway. His monsters are the absolute best in the business:

Last, but certainly not least, is my personal favourite super-hero: Moon Knight. His first monthly book was drawn by the talented Bill Sienkiewicz. Some found his artwork a bit too ugly and chaotic. Not me, I love it!!

Last edited September 21, 2021 12:19:38 pm
  • Posted: September 21, 2021 6:40:51 pm
  • Hmm...i like this one...so many ideas for crazy and i can use however many Doom covers i want lol....

So this one i consider crazy just because of the company that created it (p.s. i actually own this weirdo book lol). I know its hard to tell who made this...but its JNCO Jeans lol...

Next i will do a couple Superman or adjacent books...simply odd lol

How about Lois Lane changing races? Huh?

or Superman at the dentist (as if that dentist could do anything lol)

And now the Sweet Doom Covers...

How about Doom Wielding Mjolnir? Is he actually worthy?

and finally literally one of my top 3 favorite Doom covers... Flames...Through the mask?

"How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
    Amazing Spider Man #78 - 1st Prowler
    Avengers #55 - 1st Ultron
    Amazing Spider Man #134 - 1st Tarantula, 2nd Punisher
    Avengers #196 - 1st full Taskmaster
  • Posted: September 22, 2021 3:20:45 am
  • Well, THIS is an easy category! Dancing

I'll throw down a few of my favorite covers in my collection, starting with my favorite comic book cover PERIOD. This one's got it all!

I just love the Mighty Marvel bombast of this classic Cap cover!

I've only had this comic a couple of months, but this cover. . .I mean, just LOOK at it!

Thanks for a year of great fun! Dancing

Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 64 years, 88 days, 11 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Anglo-American Publishing Co.'s Grand Slam Comics Issue # 33
  • Marvel Comics's Hulk Issue # 1d
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: The High Republic - Trail of Shadows Issue # 2b
  • IDW Publishing's Transformers: King Grimlock Issue # 4