feature requests

CBR Crazy Covers wk#42 (Comic Book Forums)

• CBR Crazy Covers wk#42

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 6, 2021 8:30:03 am
  • I hope everyone had a nice long weekend and for those of you that were playing with fireworks I hope you still have all your fingers. Let's get down to business, it is time for week 42 of CBR Crazy Covers!!

Here are the rules:
    1.) Post a cover(s) that fits the designated category...easy!
    2.) Infinite amount of covers per person, try and make it a pic and not a link.
    3.) Have fun!

This week's category shouldn't be that hard for you all and I hope it produces some interesting covers. This week we are looking for...GLASSES Cool. Covers showing a character wearing some form of glasses, sunglasses, a monocle, etc. I am laying down the law though and saying that Cyclops covers do not count!! UNLESS he is wearing a pair of red shades but not his optic goggles or whatever they are called. Happy hunting!!

If you need help posting pics, look here: https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/20/16793/most-commonly-asked-questions

I will start it off with Granny Blake showing off her spectacles:

Daredevil facing the crazy Stillwell family in DD #219:

Wonder Man showing off his sweet looking duds back in the day:

The Badger doing his best Top Gun impression:

And close it out with a great 90's Spirit of Vengeance cover, I always liked this book:

nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: July 6, 2021 12:15:11 pm
  • This week's topic should be easy to accomplish. I did have about 25 Cyclops covers....too bad.

Starting off with the bespectacled hero and main man Stan Lee:

After reading the caption I had to include this Superboy cover as it poses a valid question:

I didn't like Kate Bishop as the new Hawkeye at first, but she's starting to rub off on me now, so everything's cool:

I immediately thought of this cover of Doc Ock, but couldn't find a big enough colour pic, so.....
  • Posted: July 6, 2021 12:57:02 pm
  • Good stuff Bruce, love the Superboy cover! I had the Stan Lee one on my list but didn't end up using it so glad you did Smile
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: July 6, 2021 1:25:44 pm
  • Great minds think alike? Okay, good minds think alike.
  • Posted: July 6, 2021 5:47:06 pm
  • A few jumped to mind right away.
    Hope some are ones that maybe people haven't heard of and check out.

First one I will start off with is Big Trouble in Little Chine #7 which has 7 Lords of Death members with varying eyewear:

Next is a fun cover from Critters #30:

Next, Painkiller Jane: 22 brides #2

Then Winterworld #1.

And last but not least Wild Blue Yonder #1.

So of the above titles the last 3 were all really good and I quite thoroughly enjoyed them and would recommend looking them up. Having said that I haven't read all of Big Trouble in Little China cause have a few gaps to fill yet, but have enjoyed what I have seen.
  • Posted: July 6, 2021 6:54:57 pm
  • Let's go crazy with wraparound covers...

• Posted: July 6, 2021 9:28:17 pm
  • okie dokie...

lets start out with a Batman book, always loved this cover

next how about a parody comic lol...(and no I'm not using the cyclops goofball as the glasses, check Marvel Girl at the top)

next we will go with what i think is the first submitted monocle lol...and a sweet one at that... (didnt study all the already submitted pics fyi)

and finally, you know who it is...been getting anxiety waiting for the opportunity to drop another Doom cover lol

Last edited July 6, 2021 9:40:22 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: July 9, 2021 7:14:54 am
  • Here are a few more that were on my list...

One of the Marvel Battle Lines covers that came out recently:

Egghead holding a very nicely drawn handgun in my opinion:

Another modern cover featuring Carol Danvers:

The 1st appearance of Blade making the list:

And finish it up with none other then Mole Man and his crazy 3D looking glasses:

nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: July 9, 2021 11:38:12 am
  • Some nice covers this week! Besides the two featuring Stan I really enjoyed the DC Superheroes giant cover featuring, ahem, yours truly!!

First up is a very cool Barry Windsor-Smith cover of Solar.

Next up is a cover of Gen 13 with all the characters featuring their, let's go with eyewear?

For my third entry an issue featuring the second ever comic book appearance of Jen Walters - the She-Hulk!

Finally, a cool Batman cover!
    Tenzil
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Unicorn Comics's From Tolkien to Oz: The Art of Greg Hildebrandt Hard Cover nn
  • Image Comics's Kid Cudi Presents: Moon Man Issue # 2b
  • Workman Publishing's There Are Moms Way Worse Than You: Irrefutable Proof That You Are Indeed a Fantastic Parent Hard Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Wyrms  Issue # 2b