feature requests

CBR Crazy Covers wk#40 (Comic Book Forums)

• CBR Crazy Covers wk#40

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 22, 2021 8:18:04 am
  • I hope everyone had a great weekend, I apologize for being a day late. I had a four day weekend of fishing so I wasn't able to get to.....WEEK 40 of CBR Crazy Covers!! That's right, because of you all that contribute every week and keep this thread going, Crazy Covers is officially over the hill!

Here are the rules:
    1.) Post a cover(s) that fits the designated category...easy!
    2.) Infinite amount of covers per person, try and make it a pic and not a link.
    3.) Have fun!

This week we are looking for covers that are showcasing....LIGHTNING. Lets see your favorite covers with lightning bolts on them. Happy hunting!!

If you need help posting pics, look here: https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/20/16793/most-commonly-asked-questions

I'm mixing it up this week with 5 covers from Marvel, DC and Image. The first one being The Spectre with a beautiful cover by Chris Moeller:

Followed by Spawn 147, which is an homage to a very famous cover that could be shown here as well, Think Wink :

You can't have lightning without the thunder g o d, one of my absolute favorite Michael Turner covers:

Catwoman in trouble against who I believe is Mercy? Correct me if I'm wrong DC fans:

And finish it out with an iconic Frank Miller cover. The first appearance of probably my favorite female character, Elektra:

Last edited June 22, 2021 8:19:27 am
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: June 22, 2021 1:04:55 pm
  • For this week's lightning theme I'm sticking with the 3 most lightning-themed heroes out there!!

Starting off with a gorgeous Alex Ross incentive cover

There were quite a few Flash covers to choose from. I really liked this Francis Manapul version as I had never seen it before.

I guess this pick was a no-brainer. There were hundred of options, obviously.
  • Posted: June 22, 2021 2:11:15 pm

• Posted: June 22, 2021 4:24:42 pm
  • Iconic

Did I err?
  • Posted: June 22, 2021 7:03:54 pm
  • Doomtastic category!! lol...Let's see what Vic has to offer....

first one of my favorite covers....

next a sweet Gabrielle Dell'Otto cover

and finally a real foily lightning filled book...FROM THE FUTURE!!! lol

"How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: June 22, 2021 8:08:47 pm
  • I prefer this Doom cover....
  • Posted: June 22, 2021 8:55:08 pm
  • and i like this spider man instead of your spidey choice

but to each their own lol

Last edited June 22, 2021 8:56:46 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: June 22, 2021 9:01:18 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    and i like this spider man instead of your spidey choice

but to each their own lol

You're right...I like that one better too. Smile
  • Posted: June 25, 2021 12:25:06 pm
  • Found this beauty of a cover today, thought I'd share:

nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: July 9, 2021 12:27:51 pm
  • Great job with this week's challenge, Machete F7, and awesome submissions everyone! I think this may have been the best challenge yet!

My first entry features a teammate from the Legion. Way back in Adventure Comics Lightning Lad lost an arm. In this reboot series he did it again, but this time with the best comic book cover featuring lightning I have ever seen! Feast your eyes on this beauty!!

And how can we feature lightning without a cover starring Electro?

Finally, another Legion cover recreating a classic Adventure Comic moment when the team sacrificed the life of one (no spoilers here) to revive and save Lightning Lad. In this issue it is his sister Ayla they are saving!
    Tenzil
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Edge of Spider-Verse Issue # 3
  • Marvel Comics's Weapon X-Men Issue # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: Weapon X Issue # 7b
  • Konkret Comics's Zuriel Issue # 1