feature requests

Comic Book Release Dates (Comic Book Forums)

• Comic Book Release Dates

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 17, 2021 8:08:12 am
  • I've been using Previewsworld web site to see what's coming out this week and next week but they haven't been very spot on.For example they say the a few books will come one week but they don't and few weeks later I check the status of that book(By using their search) it still say the same date that it been released.So my question is where can I get the most accurate release date for comic books besides Previewsworld?
  • Posted: June 17, 2021 10:11:22 am
  • So I took a look at the site and they're saying the same thing about certain books about already being released like Previewsworld which they haven't.
  • Posted: June 17, 2021 10:14:14 am
  • Can you give some examples of things that haven't been released yet that these sites are saying have been released? Maybe some on here can help with that. Sorry that this site didn't help you.
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: June 17, 2021 10:25:24 am
  • I think ever since DC left Diamond and went there own way using Midtown, releases have been a bit off. Not sure if that is why but that's when I started to notice this problem. With Marvel moving to Penguin and other publishers moving away from Diamond I think it will get worse until they get the hang of the new distribution system.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: June 17, 2021 10:34:32 am
  • edgos2 said:
    Can you give some examples of things that haven't been released yet that these sites are saying have been released? Maybe some on here can help with that. Sorry that this site didn't help you.

Here are 2 examples:
    Wayward Legends #4 says IN SHOPS: JUN 09, 2021 not released yet
    Patriotika United #1 says IN SHOPS: JUN 09, 2021 not released yet
  • Posted: June 17, 2021 10:38:29 am
  • Canuck said:
    I think ever since DC left Diamond and went there own way using Midtown, releases have been a bit off. Not sure if that is why but that's when I started to notice this problem. With Marvel moving to Penguin and other publishers moving away from Diamond I think it will get worse until they get the hang of the new distribution system.

Thank you both maybe try going to their websites and take look and see what they say.
  • Posted: June 17, 2021 10:50:39 am
  • I did some internet searching and couldn't really find anyone who really knows the release dates of these two comics. Perhaps it's not really the fault of Previews World, for example, as they are just going by the date the publishers told them. Ben Dunn of Antarctic Press is on Facebook, if you're on there, so you can always ask him about the second comic. Best wishes on finding out these dates.
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: June 17, 2021 12:37:40 pm
  • Yeah, the publishers tell the distributors when they will be available for general release. Midtown is probably most accurate for the main comics, but indy's still have to notify Diamond if there are changes, and sometimes they don't.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 17, 2021 1:23:47 pm
  • I went on Antarctic Press face book page and got a reply about Patriotika United #1 and this is what he said:
    "Its coming! I was told there was a minor issue. I think with the people that were printing the issue. I forgot though."
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 63 years, 154 days, 9 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Valiant Entertainment's Shadowman Issue # 2illum-b
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Bounty Hunters Issue # 17e
  • Behemoth Entertainment LLC's Turbo Kid: Apple's Lost Adventure Issue # 1c
  • Marvel Comics's X-Corp Issue # 5b