feature requests

CBR Crazy Covers wk#29 (Comic Book Forums)

• CBR Crazy Covers wk#29

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 5, 2021 8:23:00 am
  • I hope everyone had a great weekend and it is time to start week #29!

Here are the rules:
    1.) Post a cover(s) that fits the designated category...easy!
    2.) Infinite amount of covers per person, try and make it a pic and not a link.
    3.) Have fun!

This weeks category is a fun one I think. It seems like it could be tough but I know I have seen plenty of covers out there that are drawn like....JIGSAW PUZZLES. Any cover that is drawn in the jigsaw puzzle format.

If you need help posting pics, look here: https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/20/16793/most-commonly-asked-questions

I'll start it off with this Detective Comics cover:

Followed by a modern Batman and Robin puzzle cover:

And it wouldn't be a jigsaw puzzle category without actual Jigsaw would it?!:

nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: April 5, 2021 1:05:24 pm
  • This has been the most difficult Crazy Cover ever!!! I had a heck of a time finding anything.

I remember this one was one of many covers. Stupid variants!!

Not sure if this one counts, but it will have to do
  • Posted: April 5, 2021 3:33:44 pm
  • Well this was definitely a hard one, and No Doom covers i can find so here we go

"How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
    Amazing Spider Man #78 - 1st Prowler
    Avengers #55 - 1st Ultron
    Amazing Spider Man #134 - 1st Tarantula, 2nd Punisher
    Avengers #196 - 1st full Taskmaster
  • Posted: April 5, 2021 10:16:59 pm

• Posted: April 5, 2021 10:18:28 pm
  • Posted: April 5, 2021 10:27:01 pm
  • And the last one before I give up is a stretch
  • Posted: April 6, 2021 1:11:32 pm
  • Topo, that cover image is 100% valid for this category. It has the jigsaw theme and even the name right there in the title. Except for the Detective cover submitted by MacheteF7, yours is the best and weirdest!!
  • Posted: April 6, 2021 1:45:36 pm
  • Well...I didn't think this one would be that difficult but maybe it was?! I know I have seen many of these types of covers over the years, I can't remember them specifically though. You guys have done some good work in finding what you did, some cool stuff so far. And yes Topo, that absolutely counts in my book and agree with Brucifer. I've never heard of Jigsaw, the man of a thousand parts lol. Very cool Very Happy

When I think of a category I try to find them the old fashioned way by putting the work in and not Googling them although I have done that a few times. This one though, not easy to Google as maybe some of you have found out like I did. All that would come up is puzzles of comic books and not comic books that look like puzzles lol.

One more thing...I wonder how many kids actually cut up that Detective Comics cover to put the puzzle together to reveal the killer?? d'oh!
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: April 6, 2021 7:06:36 pm
  • I'm surprised that Detective comic book isn't worth thousands as I believe the vast majority of the covers were indeed cut up. Sort of like Mad Magazine back covers not folded. I folded every single one I ever owned (and it was a bunch).
  • Posted: June 22, 2021 6:14:46 pm
  • Never folded a Mad magazine cover, but on the other hand I don't have any either after all this time! I also found a very cool crossword cover I'll be adding shortly!
    Tenzil
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 63 years, 145 days, 4 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Yozzoo Records Inc.'s Heroes of the Blues Issue nn
  • Kenzer & Company's Knights of the Dinner Table: Bundle of Trouble TPB # 69
  • Pure Art's Very Savage Barbarian Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's X-Men Issue # 3c