feature requests

CBR Crazy Covers wk#28 (Comic Book Forums)

• CBR Crazy Covers wk#28

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 29, 2021 9:07:05 am
  • I hope everyone had a great weekend and it is time to start week #28!

Here are the rules:
    1.) Post a cover(s) that fits the designated category...easy!
    2.) Infinite amount of covers per person, try and make it a pic and not a link.
    3.) Have fun!

After last weeks somewhat lousy choice of a category(although it did yield some interesting submissions) I am going super easy this time. This weeks category is.....SWORDS. Any cover with a sword on it and yes, light sabers count!!

If you need help posting pics, look here: https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/20/16793/most-commonly-asked-questions

I'll start the show off with Groo the Wanderer:

Followed by some Psylocke goodness:

Some old school Thor, good luck finding the sword on this cover it's very subtle:

Horn head and Elektra backed into a corner:

And finish it out with a fun cover of two happy brothers playing in the woods:

nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: March 29, 2021 10:56:25 am
  • I obviously had to include at least one cover of CONAN!!! The man uses swords all the time (for work).

I also had to include The Warlord (DC's answer to Conan?). It's tough trying to find a cover without a sword.

Zorro: Swords of H e l l? That's a no-brainer!! (and a sweet cover)

Lastly, X-Men: X of Swords. It has a bunch of swords ON the cover and IN Wolverine. Not to mention "Sword" right in it's title!!

Last edited March 29, 2021 10:57:55 am
  • Posted: March 29, 2021 5:44:18 pm
  • Ok let us start off with a pretty sweet Hobgobby v Hobgobby cover, bringing pumpkins to a sword fight lol

Next ill bring one of my favorite covers (mainly because i bought this one off the shelf for cover price, and .... now it's in outer space lol)...Oh Knullio Oh Knullio, what is in your right hand Oh Knullio.

And Finally...the TRUE Master of the Mystic (and technological) Arts...the Man, My Favorite and your most hated... DOOOOOOMMMMM!!!

Last edited March 29, 2021 5:45:22 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: March 29, 2021 6:34:58 pm
  • Some old Image...

More Spider-Man...

Everyone's favorite artist....and a one handed Shatterstar?
  • Posted: March 29, 2021 8:04:40 pm
  • When I think swordsman saving the princess the first guy I think of is.....the Atom????

maybe Arthur is more like it?

someone say lightsabers?

• Posted: March 30, 2021 2:16:35 pm
  • One of my favorite covers.

• Posted: April 1, 2021 1:05:19 pm
  • We have to add some Batman
  • Posted: April 1, 2021 2:08:18 pm
  • this is the Batman one I was thinking...

• Posted: April 1, 2021 3:54:41 pm
  • That's the one I was looking for, but could not remember which book it was. Applause
  • Posted: April 25, 2021 3:07:05 am
  • It took me a couple of weeks, as per usual, but I found five sword wielding covers which have not yet been posted. And before I get to them let me say that I love the Psylocke cover by Machete F7 and the Warlord cover posted by Brucifer. So here we go!
    First up is Rai and the Future Force #12.

Another Valiant book is this copy of Ninjak #4.

Acroyear of the Micronauts was a tiny sword fighter but he cuts a mean figure on the cover of issue #33.

Finally an issue of the upcoming hero of one of the next MCU films, Shang-Chi, the Master of Kung Fu! Here is issue #87.

Last edited April 25, 2021 8:25:17 pm
    Tenzil
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Skybound's Duke Issue # 4c
  • Antarctic Press's Exciting Comics Issue # 42
  • Andrews McMeel Publishing's Out of Left Field TPB # 1
  • DC Comics's Supergirl Annual # 2