feature requests

CBR Crazy Covers wk#27 (Comic Book Forums)

• CBR Crazy Covers wk#27

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 22, 2021 7:46:22 am
  • I hope everyone had a great weekend and it is time to start week #27!

Here are the rules:
    1.) Post a cover(s) that fits the designated category...easy!
    2.) Infinite amount of covers per person, try and make it a pic and not a link.
    3.) Have fun!

I'm not sure how this weeks category will go over, I like the idea of it but we'll see if you all respond to it or not. This weeks category will test your limits in finding....SIMPLE, LESS DETAILED COVERS. No blank covers, black and whites, etc. It should be a normal cover. Oh, and the title and the top left corner showing the publisher, month, etc doesn't apply..

If you need help posting pics, look here: https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/20/16793/most-commonly-asked-questions

I will start it off with Daredevil trying to get the voices out of his head and it also looks like he is knelt down in a puddle of his own urine honestly:

Followed by this Alpha Flight cover that is about as bland as they come and honestly looks like I drew it. There is no shading, shadows, nothing. They didn't even center the word Snowblind lol:

And end it with a cover that fits this category but still is one of my all-time favorite covers. Even though Rai #0 is literally 3 colors(4 if you count the grey), it works for what it is. It's gorgeous, I love this book. I wish I had more copies of it.

Last edited March 22, 2021 12:48:19 pm
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: March 22, 2021 11:49:46 am
  • this bland?

• Posted: March 22, 2021 12:32:34 pm
  • I'm thinking that the word "bland" is NOT the way to go with this category. Neither is "basic." How about less detailed? Or maybe simple yet elegant. When you have to update saying "they don't necessarily need to be bad covers" something is wrong!!

Basic Batman but still beautiful

Not a small image, but fairly straight-forward

At first glance it looks like nothing, but if you look closely (or get a newstand version) you will see the entire image which is anything but bland.

Last edited March 22, 2021 12:33:17 pm
  • Posted: March 22, 2021 12:46:04 pm
  • brucifer said:
    I'm thinking that the word "bland" is NOT the way to go with this category. Neither is "basic." How about less detailed? Or maybe simple yet elegant. When you have to update saying "they don't necessarily need to be bad covers" something is wrong!!
    Yeah that's a better way of putting it Brucifer, sorry. d'oh!
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: March 22, 2021 3:02:33 pm
  • MacheteF7, no need to apologize. I'm just trying to help out.

I just know that when the topic for Crazy Covers is bland, we're scraping the bottom of the barrel.
  • Posted: March 22, 2021 3:55:07 pm
  • brucifer said:
    MacheteF7, no need to apologize. I'm just trying to help out.

I just know that when the topic for Crazy Covers is bland, we're scraping the bottom of the barrel.
    No you're fine and that did help out so thank you. Sometimes I can't even convey the message I am trying to send apparently and need a little help lol
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: March 22, 2021 7:43:38 pm
  • Ok, im going to start with a book i own that i have signed by Cullen Bunn Smile

Next we will go to my 2nd favorite thing to search for....Zombies lol...but this is Ant Sized Zombies lol

And Last, but certainly not least..DOOOOOOOMMMM!!!! This image is a proxy...just quickly looked for the cover, this was quick and clean...most of the original were old and beat up...This is Doom's 3rd appearance FYI...and i own it lol...

P.S. you can simply say no background lol just simplify it to that lol

Last edited March 23, 2021 8:44:06 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: March 22, 2021 10:49:02 pm
  • From one of the GREATEST Spidey stories ever told....Rolling Eyes

I'm not sure this counts...maybe....1/2 counts?

• Posted: April 25, 2021 2:40:50 am
  • Found a few minimalist covers for week #27's entries.
    First up is Harbinger #20.

This is the cover of The Darkness #1. Certainly fits the category!

And finally, one very cool cover of Moon Knight #25!
    Tenzil
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Rebellion's 2000 A.D. Issue # 2377
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Woman Issue # 6c
  • Tempo Books's Steve Canyon Soft Cover # 17058-2
  • Marvel Comics's What If? Venom Issue # 3