feature requests

CBR Crazy Covers wk#26 (Comic Book Forums)

• CBR Crazy Covers wk#26

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 16, 2021 7:41:32 am
  • I hope everyone had a great weekend and it is time to start week #26! Sorry this is a day late, I had a very busy day yesterday and just couldn't get to it.

Here are the rules:
    1.) Post a cover(s) that fits the designated category...easy!
    2.) Infinite amount of covers per person, try and make it a pic and not a link.
    3.) Have fun!

This one could be a little tough I'm not sure, we'll see how you all do. This weeks category is.....NEWSPAPERS. Any cover showcasing a newspaper on it somewhere. Happy hunting, find those covers!!

If you need help posting pics, look here: https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/20/16793/most-commonly-asked-questions

I'll start it off with the Murdock Papers:

Followed by Superman reading up on Clark Kent:

And end it with the Death of the Captain:
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: March 16, 2021 12:04:35 pm
  • I didn't find very many "new" comic book covers featuring newspapers. Could it be because no one reads them anymore? HHhhhmmmm.

Steve Rogers still reads newspapers. I'm sure of it.

That's a fighting duo you'll never see again.

I love the stern warning at the bottom! Um, no matter what the cover says, Batman didn't die in this book.

Last edited March 16, 2021 12:05:05 pm
  • Posted: March 16, 2021 7:45:05 pm
  • 2 Planets and a Bugle

• Posted: March 17, 2021 12:05:46 am

• Posted: March 18, 2021 3:14:31 am
  • When I think of Newspapers and Comic books, I think of my favorite newspaper publisher/ two-fisted hero. . .The Green Hornet! Dancing

Last edited March 18, 2021 3:17:54 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: March 18, 2021 3:08:20 pm
  • So first ill put the only use for a newspaper nowadays...walk of shame clothing lol...

Next now Doom is not on the cover, but he Is the villain of this Promo book (unless Doom is one of the undistinguishable tiny people on the cover lol)

As for a Doom cover, took me forever to find this one, not sure where it comes from or if is even American or not, but this was all i could find for this category lol...

"How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: March 18, 2021 5:26:36 pm
  • But....what about a pocket book of comic strips that says newspaper on the cover.....WITH FULL FACIAL DOOM!

• Posted: March 18, 2021 9:18:28 pm
  • that does not look like a newspaper, if you look at my pics i uploaded that one, but nixed it as it doesnt follow the parameters lol...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: March 19, 2021 4:26:28 pm
  • It does say newspaper though and how much more newspaper can you get than newspaper.

I don't always follow the parameters, but then again, I wasn't being serious.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Adventures of Supergirl Issue # 3
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Chopping Block Issue # 5c
  • Dark Horse Comics's Usagi Yojimbo Saga: Legends TPB # 1-2nd print
  • Marvel Comics's X-men '97 Issue # 1illum