feature requests

Sellers on this site, am I doing something wrong (Comic Book Forums)

• Sellers on this site, am I doing something wrong

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 29, 2021 3:46:58 am
  • Hi folks,

Love the site: quick, clean, educational, great data, realistic prices, great stats...big fan!!

I have had awful lucvk trying to buy anything through marketplace, can someone tell me why?

I locate an issue I like
    look at market tab
    see a seller, click on name
    go through their collection, choose 10-20 books I like
    wrote a polite note about buying
    ignored!

After 20-30 enquiries I have 2 replies, one is a guy keeping his comics and the other is lovely and we've done 3 shipments in 5 weeks of over $1,000 worth of comics.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a reason I'm not getting responses? Should I include my email in my note or a picture of my sister?

Thank you in advance
  • Posted: January 29, 2021 7:21:11 am
  • I'm sure you're not doing anything wrong, I think a lot of times it might be because the seller/member might not use the sight much anymore. They might have posted books for sale years ago and they haven't logged on for awhile. I've had plenty of no responses, it's not uncommon.

I'll take the pic of your sister if it's still on the table...
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: January 29, 2021 10:50:29 am
  • Out of four queries I have received one response, unfortunately from another country. You're not doing anything wrong; people just aren't responding. They may have moved on from the site or simply aren't selling what they have listed. It sucks though because it takes time to go through their lists. Ah well.
  • Posted: January 29, 2021 12:48:15 pm
  • You may get better responses by posting a want list in the forum as opposed to searching for the books yourself. List range willing to pay, and that may attract sellers...

Last edited January 29, 2021 12:48:38 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: January 29, 2021 2:50:15 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    You may get better responses by posting a want list in the forum as opposed to searching for the books yourself. List range willing to pay, and that may attract sellers...

Thank you, will do!

I’ll try for

‘Looking for Byrne era X-Men, raw in decent condition’

As I’m trying to build a 8.5-9.0 collection of readable copies.

Be hilarious if I get someone that has previously contacted 😂

Do the enquires go through as email and not a DM/PM?
  • Posted: January 29, 2021 2:52:41 pm
  • madtruk said:
    Out of four queries I have received one response, unfortunately from another country. You're not doing anything wrong; people just aren't responding. They may have moved on from the site or simply aren't selling what they have listed. It sucks though because it takes time to go through their lists. Ah well.

ComicBookRealm is the Tinder of the comic world, bunch of guys looking for a good time sending out emails into the ether

😂💔
  • Posted: January 29, 2021 4:49:38 pm
  • messages go to you CBR inbox not an email. If you have a message it will let you know at the top of the screen once you login, so kinda hard to miss, it doesnt notify you right away if there is a response though, so if you are expecting a quick response, it may be there just not notifying you, or maybe theres no response yet. I would make a new post for the "Looking to Buy" list, and post it in the For Sale forum (or whatever its actually called lol, wont help you here being buried....Smile

I will send you a PM and a DM (fan mail) so you can see where they go, DM goes to your chat in your profile...not inbox, you will see, i will send both/ dont open it until you see the prompt on the homescreen, may need to log out and log back in for it to post, unsure...usually takes a bit

Last edited January 29, 2021 4:52:54 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: January 29, 2021 6:21:21 pm
  • Rohan said:
    AmZoMBiE said:
    You may get better responses by posting a want list in the forum as opposed to searching for the books yourself. List range willing to pay, and that may attract sellers...

Thank you, will do!

I’ll try for

‘Looking for Byrne era X-Men, raw in decent condition’

As I’m trying to build a 8.5-9.0 collection of readable copies.

Be hilarious if I get someone that has previously contacted 😂

Do the enquires go through as email and not a DM/PM?

This is the forum you'd post in for what you're wanting to do -
    https://comicbookrealm.com/forum/15/wheeling-and-dealing
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: January 29, 2021 6:28:38 pm
  • Also, from my understanding this site was not created to be a buying/selling site.
    It was created for collectors to track their collection and its value.
    I think for it to be one it would take some cash and programming, and to keep it running probably fees for making sales on it ala ebay.

Last edited January 29, 2021 6:29:23 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: January 30, 2021 9:42:26 am
  • If you haven't logged in in a period of time your books are "hidden" as being for sale.

You could always go to their profile page and see when they last logged in.

Sell requests also currently are emailed to a person.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
18 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 3
  • Aardvark-Vanaheim's Cerebus the Aardvark Issue # 1facsimile
  • Sofawolf Press's In the Doghouse of Justice Issue nn
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Man vs Venom Omnibus Hard Cover # 1 - 2nd print-a