feature requests

CBR Crazy Covers wk#16 (Comic Book Forums)

• CBR Crazy Covers wk#16

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 4, 2021 7:57:14 am
  • I hope everyone had a good holiday and it is time to start week #16!

Here are the rules:
    1.) Post a cover(s) that fits the designated category...easy!
    2.) Up to 3 pics/covers per person, try and make it a pic and not a link.
    3.) Have fun!

This weeks category is IN MOTION/MOVEMENT covers. And I don't mean motion/movement LINES that are on almost every comic book page ever (although they could also be shown like my Daredevil cover). I mean like the examples I have below. I don't know if there is a term in the art world for this or not, if there is and anyone knows it feel free to educate me! Happy hunting, find those covers!!

*Update* - I don't think my explanation of what I am looking for was expressed very well, my bad everyone. I don't mean "motion lines" that depict people moving. I mean like a silhouette of the character moving, where it shows many of the same character moving like the examples I have below. It shows where they were and where they end up if that makes sense.

If you need help posting pics, look here: https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/20/16793/most-commonly-asked-questions

I'll start it off with DD showing off his agility by evading Doc Ock's arms:

Followed by the Badger dodging some deadly nunchucks:

And finish with the best example of in motion/movement that I could find, Puck!:

Last edited January 4, 2021 2:25:41 pm
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: January 4, 2021 11:34:06 am
  • Motion on the cover eh? Not as easy as I originally thought. I do love that Puck cover from Alpha Flight.

I guess having a Flash cover of sort is a no-brainer.

Not exactly sure why the Hulk is in outer space?

I've always loved this Spidey cover with DD!!
  • Posted: January 4, 2021 11:56:58 am
  • brucifer said:
    Motion on the cover eh? Not as easy as I originally thought. I do love that Puck cover from Alpha Flight.
    Very cool covers Brucifer but they're not fitting the category Laughing. Maybe I didn't explain it well or maybe you couldn't find any and that's fine. I'm leaning more towards I'm not explaining it well lol. I'm looking for movement by showing the character a bunch of times kind of shaded/transparent/lightly drawn if that makes any sense lol. Again, not sure if there is a term for this or not. I'm talking something like this Flash:

Last edited January 4, 2021 1:33:22 pm
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: January 4, 2021 12:33:58 pm
  • Definately a harder one lol...but i found a couple iconic ones lol...

"How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: January 4, 2021 12:50:16 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    Definately a harder one lol...but i found a couple iconic ones lol...

Yeah this is a tougher one. I'll give you this one, not sure about the others though lol. I can think of one Spider-Man cover that comes to mind, I think it's all black and white and either from Spectacular or Web of I can't remember. Think fast characters, agile, flying, older books also are more common with this obviously.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: January 4, 2021 2:01:31 pm
  • what? lol...AF15 is the most iconic and Very obvious movement there, even has the movement lines lol...as hes swinging, the other is a 3d motion comic cover lol...

reading your response to the other member, i see what you are looking for now lol, yeah when i think movement or motion, i think of movement lines, or actual in motion type stuff lol...ill find better ones, now that i know what you mean...

How about Fast

And Slow lol

Last edited January 4, 2021 2:13:57 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: January 4, 2021 2:21:24 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    what? lol...AF15 is the most iconic and Very obvious movement there, even has the movement lines lol...as hes swinging, the other is a 3d motion comic cover lol...

reading your response to the other member, i see what you are looking for now lol, yeah when i think movement or motion, i think of movement lines, or actual in motion type stuff lol...ill find better ones, now that i know what you mean...

You got it now! Laughing It was a tough concept to explain and apparently I didn't do a good job but you nailed it with these!
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: January 4, 2021 2:26:24 pm
  • Flash is always an easy one for this topicImage

Bit of a stretch on this one....

And lastly
  • Posted: January 4, 2021 2:49:14 pm
  • just a weird side note on this topic as i just recently saw this movie...If you haven't seen the Sonic the Hedgehog movie, there is a scene where he is running the bases of a baseball field and they use this effect lol...really cool to see in a live media...
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: January 4, 2021 3:15:45 pm
  • just call it The Flash category Very Happy

20 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's The Micronauts: The Original Marvel Years - Omnibus Hard Cover # 1c
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 468b
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 496b
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4lab-b