feature requests

Show us your Original Art (Comic Book Forums)

• Show us your Original Art

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 2, 2021 12:19:53 pm
  • Thought this may make for an interesting topic.
    Just show us your Original Art that you have acquired from cons or wherever.
    I'll start us off.
    Here is the original cover for Captain America #291 by John Byrne
    I purchased it back in the mid/late 80's
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: January 2, 2021 2:23:44 pm
  • well i posted the original art i got for christmas here

https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/8/37006/christmas-comic-stuff/all#152081

the only other original art i own is on actual comic books (remarks, sketches, etc), other then art ive done myself...

here is one of the books i could easily find, got this done a few years ago at the last Detroit Fanfare they had (they stopped putting on DF since like 2014 or 2015). Signed and sketched by Josh Blaylock.

and this is one i went to a show (not knowing he'd be there) and quickly found a TMNT book to get signed and resketched by Kevin Eastman back in the early 2000s. It was a quick buy and i think i spent $1 so yeah not best shape, but hey, found out, bought book, and got it signed all in like 10 mins lol...

i have others (and yes a couple Doom ones lol) but they are buried and i dont want to move a bunch of stuff around to get to them...Smile

Last edited January 2, 2021 2:24:41 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: January 2, 2021 2:30:55 pm
  • Hi All!

Happy New Year!

I have been wondering about "original art" for while. Even though it is one of a kind, the value is depends on the market. How do I find out how much is the original art worth? Is there a price guide for this?

Thanks in advance,
    -Adam
  • Posted: January 2, 2021 2:59:25 pm
  • honestly not that i know of...im sure there are people there that could give you an estimate, but its all here say until it actually sells.

best advice i can give you is to look up similar art/artist and go by that if you are selling or curious what similar things sell at.

Last edited January 2, 2021 3:05:06 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: January 2, 2021 3:25:55 pm
  • @AmZoMBiE

I got a nice one sheet as a gift for Christmas. I have not yet received it. I just want to know how and where I have to go to get an estimate. At the same time, how does those people on eBay determine the value. For example, how do they figured how much is a sheet from Spawn is worth. Some are like a thousand dollars. Where and how they came up with that price value?

-Adam
  • Posted: January 2, 2021 4:12:12 pm
  • most likely from their rear end... lol...just remember there is a difference between selling price and item value...its only worth what someone is willing to pay for said item...so if selling, post high and add OBO...

i have no idea where to find someone to estimate an item...maybe search art appraisals and see what that gets you if you want to go that far...im not sure if it would be in the art or comic book realm or both as far as appraisal professionals..

Last edited January 2, 2021 4:13:37 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: January 2, 2021 4:29:37 pm
  • @AmZoMBiE - Thanks
  • Posted: January 2, 2021 6:54:46 pm
  • Wow, Canuck, I haven't seen much Byrne OA around. Very nice!
    I bought this X-23: Target by Mike Choi a few years ago:
  • Posted: January 2, 2021 9:38:46 pm
  • Nice penciled piece Juno.
    I think Byrne pretty much sells his stuff exclusively through a dealer named Jim Warden now. There are a lot of pieces that people are selling on ebay and other auction sites.

Here's a video with Jim Warden on CAF
    https://youtu.be/IKXfrrSZLC0

Last edited January 2, 2021 9:42:31 pm

• Posted: January 3, 2021 11:07:09 am
  • Here's a Airbrushed Original that my friend Troy Nixey did for me back in the early 90's. Troy has done work for both Marvel and DC as well as Dark Horse, Oni and Slave Labor Press. I think he was just out of High School when he did this.

Last edited January 3, 2021 11:08:15 am

• Posted: January 3, 2021 2:50:44 pm
  • Here's a sketch cover by Scott Blair, who also drew my avatar pic
  • Posted: January 3, 2021 10:14:07 pm
  • Hi! New to CBR and happy to join in on this topic. Here's one of my latest pickups. Its a page from Marvel Team-Up 131. I collect first appearance pieces among other many other types of art. It's a minor one, but its the first appearance issue of White Rabbit.

Last edited January 3, 2021 10:17:41 pm
  • Posted: January 4, 2021 5:48:29 pm
  • I saw David Finch at an ECCC a few years ago and gave him a blank sketch cover for him to draw. He said he would be done in an hour or two so I continued walking around. When I came back he told me he couldn't find my blank and as an apology drew this massive 11"x17" portrait of Psylocke.
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Academy Publishing's Mind Muscle Academy Presents: Mack Fights Back Issue nn
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's My Cat Is Such A Weirdo Soft Cover # 3
  • Udon Entertainment's Street Fighter: Masters - Fight to Win Hard Cover # 1
  • Artists Writers & Artisans's U & I  Issue # 3