feature requests

CBR Crazy Covers wk#11 (Comic Book Forums)

• CBR Crazy Covers wk#11

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 30, 2020 8:03:55 am
  • I hope everyone had a good weekend and it is time to start week #11!

Here are the rules:
    1.) Post a cover(s) that fits the designated category...easy!
    2.) Up to 3 pics/covers per person, try and make it a pic and not a link.
    3.) Have fun!

This weeks category is...WTF?! Covers that made you stop and go, "what the heck am I looking at here??" It could be bad art I suppose, an error, something shocking, or just something that made you chuckle. Happy hunting, find those covers!!

If you need help posting pics, look here: https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/20/16793/most-commonly-asked-questions

I will start it off with this Wolverine cover that makes me think, "whoa man, pick on someone your own size/age and stop smoking around that kid!":

Followed by this guy with the worst weapon of choice to kill a man in a HOSPITAL! How did you even get that chainsaw in there without anyone noticing? And after you do the deed what's your escape plan? It's noisy, you're gonna be covered in blood, maybe go with the pillow smothering or poison in the IV trick instead?:

Oh Rob Rob Rob...*sigh*. How I hate your artwork. Nice job on this bow and arrow, this is not how arrows are shot lol. Once he releases that string(which I'm surprised to see he drew in btw, he usually doesn't), that arrow will fall at his feet. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the fact that the arrow is on the wrong side of the bow IF he was holding the bow normally. Since he's shooting it sideways like a gansta, it kind of works. Oh and umm, curved sword handles and pouches because of course:

Last edited November 30, 2020 9:10:13 am
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: November 30, 2020 11:45:44 am

"How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Spider-Man #234 2nd Print
    Strange Academy #1 5th Print
    Secret Wars #5 1:25 Variant Doom Cover
    Infamous Iron Man #3 2nd Print Doom Cover

• Posted: November 30, 2020 1:23:01 pm
  • This topic is right up my alley. There are tonnes of older comic books (before 1966) that are just puzzling. A little tougher finding newer ones, but there are still some.

Not a bad cover, but look closely at Wolverine's claws. WTF Klaus Janson?

Wait a minute, Lobo is a lady now? Look closely at the left arm. Do you see something? Simon Bisley got fired because of it!!

So now Superman is a half lion/half man now? Okay. Beauty and the Beast indeed!! I'm sure Lois Lane will have a roaring good time.

Last edited November 30, 2020 1:24:08 pm
  • Posted: November 30, 2020 2:39:19 pm

We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: November 30, 2020 3:16:12 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    Is it a fair comparison to say that Frank Miller is like the Bob Dylan of comic books? You either love his music/art or hate it.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: November 30, 2020 8:16:55 pm

• Posted: November 30, 2020 8:36:01 pm

• Posted: December 1, 2020 10:02:58 am
  • MacheteF7 said:
    Is it a fair comparison to say that Frank Miller is like the Bob Dylan of comic books? You either love his music/art or hate it.

Frank Miller pre-1999 I loved. His work on Ronin, Daredevil, Batman Year One, The Dark Knight Returns, Sin City, and 300 were all excellent. After the millennium I am not sure what happened but everything went downhill. The sequels to TDKR were lazy at best and most of the dialogue in All Star Batman & Robin was some of the worst I have ever read in comics. His art use to be pretty good and had a gritty look to it. Now it's like he's not even trying. I have a theory that maybe once he became somewhat famous from movies he started to associate himself with Hollywood and put comics behind. Every now and then Frank will put out a few issues, but nothing that he's done in the past 20 years compares to the work he did when no one really knew his name.

Last edited December 1, 2020 10:07:03 am
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: December 1, 2020 12:34:30 pm
  • I also agree with Rapha1978 that after 2000 Frank Miller artwork and writing has been horrible. That Superman cover should be proof enough!

This topic is easily my favourite so far. There are quite a few covers this time that are perfect for the WTF category. My personal fav so far has to be that Rifleman cover. The log, the looks on both the kid and adult are picture perfect.
  • Posted: December 1, 2020 1:06:25 pm
  • brucifer said:
    This topic is easily my favourite so far. There are quite a few covers this time that are perfect for the WTF category. My personal fav so far has to be that Rifleman cover. The log, the looks on both the kid and adult are picture perfect.
    There are some good ones this week, I like the Action Comics one with the sidekicks digging their own graves lol. And the Batman suicide note mentions nothing of Alfred, the one guy that is the closest and near and dear to him lol. Go ahead and post away everyone if you like, go crazy. There are plenty of covers out there for this category so might as well go for it!! I have a few more I will post tonight.

Last edited December 1, 2020 1:07:28 pm
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: December 1, 2020 1:46:34 pm
  • Sweet, Here is 2 more cover and a funny panel from Mexico lol

- - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions

• Posted: December 1, 2020 1:57:39 pm
  • I've been frantically searching the inter-web for a large image of Punisher Vol. 2 #60. You know, the one where Frank Castle gets an operation (from a junkie I believe) and ends up with black skin. He teams up with Luke Cage for a few issues. Bad idea then. Worse idea nowadays. One of the biggest WTF for me in the last 25+ years.

Last edited December 1, 2020 1:58:07 pm
  • Posted: December 1, 2020 2:40:01 pm
  • brucifer said:
    I've been frantically searching the inter-web for a large image of Punisher Vol. 2 #60. You know, the one where Frank Castle gets an operation (from a junkie I believe) and ends up with black skin. He teams up with Luke Cage for a few issues. Bad idea then. Worse idea nowadays. One of the biggest WTF for me in the last 25+ years.
    I remember that storyline now and have those books. Yeah, pretty messed up lol.

I absolutely love this Miller DD cover for the artwork, colors, DD in the white background the way he is but I always thought it was very dark. As in da-yum...Bullseye, a psychotic lunatic, is STRANGLING Black Widow with a hair dryer cord. Talk about domestic abuse on display.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: December 1, 2020 2:55:14 pm
  • brucifer said:
    I've been frantically searching the inter-web for a large image of Punisher Vol. 2 #60. You know, the one where Frank Castle gets an operation (from a junkie I believe) and ends up with black skin. He teams up with Luke Cage for a few issues. Bad idea then. Worse idea nowadays. One of the biggest WTF for me in the last 25+ years.

Here You go

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/146859637831271523/

fyi i almost posted the issue where lois lane turns black too...

Last edited December 1, 2020 2:56:17 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions

• Posted: December 1, 2020 5:55:22 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: February 22, 2021 10:43:34 pm
  • So to finally get in on these great WTF covers I had to go way back to 1968 and my companions in the Legion of Super Heroes! Here are two long ago issues of Adventure Comics, starring me and my teammates!
    First up, you've heard of a fighter having a glass jaw? Well not like this!

And here the most powerful Legionnaire of all time (bet you never knew!)
    Tenzil
16 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 59 years, 158 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Department of Truth Issue # 6
  • IDW Publishing's G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero Issue # 250c.xposure-b
  • IDW Publishing's TMNT: The Last Ronin Issue # 2cyn city
  • Marvel Comics's Union Issue # 3b
CBR.com member auction items ?