feature requests

Alex Ross Timeless covers (Comic Book Forums)

• Alex Ross Timeless covers

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 20, 2020 7:39:24 am
  • When I first saw that Alex Ross was doing the Timeless covers and that there were 32 of them I thought, no way I'm getting all of them but I'll pick up a few that I like if I see them on the shelf. That was over a month ago. I went into my LCS last night for the 1st time in a while and was perusing the shelves and he had a bunch of them kicking around and I still resisted. Then I saw the Thor one, Dr. Strange and the Thing and thought man, these are beautiful. Ok, I'll ONLY get these. Then I see he has the rest of the Fantastic Four. Well, I can't have the Thing and not the other 3 right? Oh wow, that Nightcrawler is gorgeous. Fast forward, I'm home, logging in 14 Timeless covers into my collection. d'oh!

Now I want them all lol.

My questions are how many of you out there are picking these up? Which ones are your favorites and who do you think was slighted by not getting a cover?

For me definitely Punisher and Luke Cage, Ant-Man and the Wasp even.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: November 20, 2020 8:44:05 am
  • I've only got 2, Silver Surfer and Medusa as they were in a series I collect.
    I think these Timeless covers are just taken from here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM66kzN4qNM&feature=emb_logo
    So I they may do one for each character on the mural?

Last edited November 20, 2020 8:44:35 am
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: November 20, 2020 9:14:37 am
  • I think I ended up with quite a few of them. When preordering they cost the same as the regular books, and I liked several of them, so while I can't recall exactly what I did, I bet I ended up getting most if not all of them instead of the regular covers. I'm a big fan of old school scarlet witch covers, so i think that was the one that pushed me to buy them. The medusa is nice too.
  • Posted: November 20, 2020 9:28:51 am
  • Canuck said:
    I've only got 2, Silver Surfer and Medusa as they were in a series I collect.
    I think these Timeless covers are just taken from here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM66kzN4qNM&feature=emb_logo
    So I they may do one for each character on the mural?
    Yes, they are taking from his mural at Marvel HQ or wherever it is. I thought they said there were 32 covers but there are 35 heroes on the mural. Punisher, Hawkeye and Vision being the 3 that I haven't seen on a comic book cover yet, maybe they are releasing them at a later time.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: November 21, 2020 9:58:43 am
  • I've picked up a few. I really like the Jean Grey Hellions one.
  • Posted: November 22, 2020 7:35:41 pm
  • I actually did the same thing, and ended up buying almost all of them. Still missing a couple (Wolverine, Angel, Spidey, Ghost Rider and Daredevil are the last ones for me). It was a good way to get me looking at some series I haven't tried.
  • Posted: November 23, 2020 1:50:10 pm
  • I don't think anyone should be surprised at how gorgeous these "Timeless" covers are. I took a peek at them all on Alex Ross' homepage.

I e-mailed a message to Mr. Ross at how sore I was at him for not including Moon Knight. He sent me back a message apologizing profusely for his omission. Well, in my imagination he did at least!!
  • Posted: November 28, 2020 7:53:28 pm
  • I don't have any, and in fact haven't even seen one in person, but taking a quick peek online I would love Angel, Jean Grey, Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Nightcrawler, Dr. Strange and Human Torch! But they are all so beautiful!

Last edited November 28, 2020 7:53:49 pm
    Tenzil
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Biden's Titans vs Trump's Titans Issue # 1h
  • DC Black Label's John Constantine: Hellblazer - Dead In America Issue # 4b
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 255facsimile-b
  • Ballantine Books's The Brothers Hildebrandt Soft Cover nn