feature requests

Notification for Walmart Comic Packs (Comic Book Forums)

• Notification for Walmart Comic Packs

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 21, 2020 8:43:26 pm
  • So i wanted to throw some things out there that i (at least for now) only noticed, some things may not be true, but i feel it is... see what you guys think or maybe it'll at very least get people thinking a bit more about what they purchase...

So a few things i've noticed about the comic packs (DC or Marvel)

- Each release (spring, summer, fall whenever they set out the next set of 4 or 6 packs) they are labeled or stickered with a specific color so that you can differentiate the releases (which is why we list them the way we do fyi)...

- DC stopped making "Variants" they seem to be the 4-packs and those ARE NOT variants...i repeat...NOT variants...they are packaged regular issues. Don't fall for the ebay posts stating exclusive...they are not. Reason i bring this one up...Wonder Woman 1984...requested by a member, and totally confused me...thought it was a variant released prior the series #1...then thought maybe it was a true exclusive one-shot, now i found its not released yet, so Cover A was released prior to its regular Cover B variant (Minimum 2 covers for that series). Read the barcode stating 00111...#1, 1st print, 1st variant...So moral of the story, dont get got lol...

- This one is more of a speculation as i am totally unsure if its truth. If anyone knows for sure, please tell me but...Only the packs with "Exclusive" stickers are in fact Actual variants...where the ones without stickers are simply prepacked comics, regular released issues....not a variant, but sold at Walmart. I'm pretty sure this one to be 100% accurate, but as stated above, not totally positive...

Hope my little tips help in your endeavors.

AmZ

P.S. We List the actual Comic Packs as well as the individual variant. So those of you that keep them unopened can track the prepack and those that open them can track in actual single book...

Example (read the comic pack for finding all the prepack series):

i searched "walmart"
    https://comicbookrealm.com/search/comics/?a=search&series=walmart&method=all

Last edited September 21, 2020 9:27:20 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: September 24, 2020 7:39:37 am
  • AmZoMBiE, great comprehensive work on all of these!
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Virginia Mason Franciscan Health / Seatt's Bobby Wagner: FAST54 Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 9
  • DC Comics's I am Batman TPB # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Rise of the Powers of X Issue # 3f