feature requests

Landed 2 CGC Awards today (Comic Book Forums)

• Landed 2 CGC Awards today

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 28, 2020 8:34:54 pm
  • Not really sure if its a hard thing to do...but ive been tracking my CGC collection on their website for at least 6 years now and this is the first time ive won any lol...but i got 2 today and i am having them send me the award lol...

1. 2020 Best in Set Type:
    Set Name: Young Bucks
    Contents of Set: Young Avengers #1 9.8

2. 2020 Best in Set Type
    Set Name: Black & Blue
    Contents of Set: Adam, Legend of the Blue Marvel #1 9.6

For those of you that dont use CGC...Sets are like our Piles here on this site...but CGC gives out awards for all kinds of stuff linked to your sets (piles)

"How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: July 28, 2020 8:58:05 pm
  • Congrats?

You won an award for having 1 comic rated 9.8?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 28, 2020 9:23:41 pm
  • No, well kinda...lol Best in Set Type...means i had more CGC points in that set i believe...so CGC sets each comic to a point system assigning points based on era, key, and grade...(maybe more, not sure) but they give each book a point value...whoever has the most points i think in certain sets gets these awards so i guess my 1 9.8 had enough points value (which was 40 points) was enough to take top spot possibly...i didnt really look much yet, got an email and they said i could have them mail me the awards lol...so i did lol...first time so seems pretty cool lol...

that is in my sets...not with other peoples....

Last edited July 28, 2020 9:25:20 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: July 28, 2020 9:31:16 pm
  • Well, congrats! Share a pic when you get it.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Bad Dog Books's Fang Soft Cover # 6
  • Pronto Comics's Manganation Issue # 4
  • Tidal Wave Productions's Milestones of Art: Andy Warhol - The Factory TPB # 1
  • David Heath Jr.'s No Sex Issue # 4