feature requests

Lego Bionicle/DC comics Advertisement 'Unmasked 2' 2004 (Comic Book Forums)

• Lego Bionicle/DC comics Advertisement 'Unmasked 2' 2004

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 28, 2020 8:17:28 pm
  • This is probably a strange request but I cannot find any information to this specific inserts distribution.

I am looking for a very specific Lego Bionicle Advertisement Insert titled ‘Unmasked 2’ from 2004. The cover included is a drawn style Lego Bionicle comic with the DC logo Comics stamp in the bottom right corner. Included inside were a few pages of interview and advertisement for the toys. I am asking for and would appreciate any help finding these very rare pages and information on their exact distribution.

This was most likely distributed amongst children’s DC comics/DC publishing in 2004. However I do not know which issues it was distributed in. List of potential comics during their 2004 (possibly late 2003-early 2005) runs are:

Doo (1997)
    Looney Tunes (1994)
    Powerpuff Girls (2000)
    Cartoon Network Block party (2004)
    Justice League Unlimited (2004)
    The Batman Strikes! (2004)
    Teen Titans GO! (2004)

I am guessing these as highly likely series as the ‘Lego Bionicle Unmasked 1’ was released in a few of these comics series in and some future Lego Bionicle special edition comics in were also distributed in these series only a year later. Although there are probably some potential adjacent comics that I am missing out here, it is highly likely it is in one of these.

I have attempted to view online scans of all these comic series and unfortunately not all include the advertisement pages. Although I have discovered a lot of promo Lego Bionicle comics with this method, this one continually evades me.

Although these inserts do pop up once in a blue moon it hasn't in years and there is still no solid info on it. The Lego Bionicle community has been on the search for this insert for a very long time and would appreciate any help you can give or direct me to somewhere that could be of help.

Thank you for your time

Last edited April 28, 2020 8:23:38 pm
  • Posted: April 28, 2020 9:36:19 pm
  • I am unsure if this lead may pan out, but try emailing the guy from Recalled Comics...its a site that specifies in rare, error, low print comics...I messaged him about a modern error book. Granted he wasnt able to help me with my question, maybe this would be different...thats all i got for ya...sorry, but hopefully it helps progress the search...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Buster Brown Shoes's Buster Brown Comics Issue # 18johns
  • Faro's Lounge's Faro's Lounge: American Safari Sketchbook Issue nn - purpledragon
  • DC Comics's Green Lantern: War Journal Issue # 8b
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: Weapon X Issue # 2b