feature requests

Signature Conundrum (Comic Book Forums)

• Signature Conundrum

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 6, 2007 10:20:57 pm
  • Here's one to think about...

lets say you have an original uncanny x-men #1 in mint condition... Would the value go up or down with the addition of a signature of Stan Lee on the cover ?
  • Posted: August 6, 2007 10:38:44 pm
  • With a COA or a CGC Signature slab, it might bring a little extra cash.

Without any proof, just the sig, down down down. Crying or Very sad
  • Posted: April 11, 2008 11:25:25 pm
  • I think that it would go up in value with the signature.

David Finch came to my city last year and I got him to sign all of my Moon Knight, new avengers and varaint covers. If I ever had to part with them I would ask for top dollar. It's not like i could roll up to his house to get him to sign more copies.
  • Posted: April 11, 2008 11:49:29 pm
  • it is a matter of verification....if you have no proof that it is the actual signature, the value will go down since you now have writing on your cover, now if you had it cgc signature verified...the value would surely go up
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: April 12, 2008 1:17:08 am
  • I got a pic with he and I together and a program from the convention to confirm that he did attend. I guess i forgot to ask him for some of his blood too...lol!
    IDK...The CGC signature verification is debatable!
  • Posted: April 12, 2008 1:32:00 am
  • ok here is a twist what if he signed it with his blood? is that uber signature or just gross? i think a legend like stan lee would have all the hardcore guys going nuts but anyone else would just destroy the book. what do you guys think?
  • Posted: April 12, 2008 9:11:53 am
  • For some reason I think I heard of this before...where a signer actually had their blood as part of the ink.

I agree that I think it detracts from the value of the comic. Maybe if you had a regular version and a signed version to go along with it that would be ok.

If it comes to getting top dollar you could get them "certified" that it was their signature later on by hand writing experts if needed.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Catwoman Issue # 64f
  • DC Comics's Justice League: Dark Rebirth - Omnibus Hard Cover # 1
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 11
  • Marvel Comics's The Micronauts: The Original Marvel Years - Omnibus Hard Cover # 1