feature requests

Free Time (Comic Book Forums)

• Free Time

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 25, 2020 11:54:53 am
  • With pretty much everyone staying home these days, I was wondering how people are spending their time? I assume there are a lot of comic books being read. And a tonne of TV being watched. Netflix in Europe has become so popular, their bandwidth has been weakened to try and allow everyone a shot at watching.

I've been re-watching some of my all-time favourite movies. I also started Hercules: The Legendary Journeys from season one. I still have those massive DVD collection sets from the early '00s.

I would like to see some lists please.
  • Posted: March 25, 2020 12:18:40 pm
  • After a round of layoffs, I'm working 6 days a week as the chief bonehead of a skeleton crew. I manage a hotel and travel just ain't what it should be this time of year to say the least.

Since my daughter's college is shut down and she's dwelling in my basement, I've taken the opportunity to enlist her on my little bit of time off in FINALLY mixing in some of the thousands of unlisted comics I have filling a storage shed with the rest of my nice, organized collection.

Harry Potter, Underworld, Lord of The Rings, and Star Wars marathons have also been going on. I think maybe a Game of Thrones marathon might be up next.

Last edited March 25, 2020 12:21:40 pm
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: March 25, 2020 12:31:34 pm
  • I am still working at the office, there are only 4 of us here, the other 15 or so are working from home. My work is considered an "essential' business so we are continuing to work.

When I am home I have been watching the 1960's Batman tv show that I got on Blu-Ray a month ago. Been playing a little more video games than normal, playing with the dog and keeping her entertained. Last weekend it was nice here so I got outside and cut firewood and burned brush for about 4-5 hours. We got a foot of snow Monday so when that melts I hope to be cutting more wood for the next few weekends. I haven't taken the time to read many comics but I do hope to soon. Stay safe everyone!
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: March 25, 2020 12:59:07 pm
  • I've been under self quarantine since I got home from Phoenix Mar 12th.
    Been watching some tv... Locke & Key, Mindhunter on Netflix. Re-watching Spartacus and cleaning up my DVR since it was getting full.
    No live sports on tv sucks, so I have been watching some of the classic games the sports channels are airing now.
    Been on CBR site a bit more adding books and doing corrections as well.
    Made some Jerky, Smoked some nuts, making Sushi today.
    I go for walks a few times a day just to get some air and my b -utt out of the chair.

Last edited March 25, 2020 1:50:35 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: March 25, 2020 1:04:56 pm
  • Made some jerky? Smoked some nuts? Is that what the kids are calling it these days?
  • Posted: March 25, 2020 1:12:21 pm
  • I am working from home since Monday and honestly I miss the office. I find my wife thinks because I am home all day that I am suppose to be helping out around the house, and my dog keeps nudging me to play and go for a walk. Too many distractions and this is only day three. Don't know how I am going to get through the next few weeks. I've noticed I have been a lot more active online, on forums and YouTube.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: March 25, 2020 1:48:48 pm
  • brucifer said:
    Made some jerky? Smoked some nuts? Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

No those are what they mean, it's the "Making Sushi" what you're referring to Wink
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: March 25, 2020 2:02:26 pm
  • I went home early on the 4th from work. Ended up working from home through the 6th. Went in to the office on the 9th, then went to see the doctor. Ultimately ended up in the hospital until the 11th where I have been working from home since then.

The family has taken it seriously and quarantined since the 13th. So we are on week 2, and still have 4 to go (our area instituted a shelter in place until April 24th currently).

Luckily since I travel a lot for work, working from home is not an issue. My day job is in the pharma industry so no current downside. I get up, shower, work downstairs until 8:30 when the family gets up, go upstairs and work in my office until 5ish. I usually have lunch with the family, and then we have dinner together, play a game, and are currently watching all of the Marvel movies in order.

Once Marvel is done we will likely do Star Wars and The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings.

School for us is canceled in person for the rest of this school year. We find out tomorrow what the e-learning starting Monday will look like for the kids.

We have it nice compared to others because we have land, a shared lake, and even a pool (should this continue on for a while). I really feel bad for people living in apartments in a city.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: April 14, 2020 10:18:41 am
  • So now that most of us have been at home several weeks hows everyone doin? DB did you have it (or were you even able to get tested?)?

I've been working from home since early March. For a while there was even busier than usual as we digested regulatory changes and put out guidance on them, and as clients terminated existing contracts. Things slowed down somewhat as of the end of last week.

Hardest part though is being stuck at home with an almost 2 year old, as she is getting bored as . Luckily I'm in a similar position to DB, live near a lake, so frequent walks to the beaches and lots of outside time.

I've been spending what free time I have catching up on video games. Finished breath of the wild (finally) and trying to blow through FF 7 Remake, then on to Nioh 2 (I loved the first one). Also waste way to much time playing Magic Arena, but I'm trying to curtail that cause its a giant time sink.

Other than that... just surviving.
  • Posted: April 14, 2020 11:00:46 am
  • I was in the hospital for something unrelated to Covid. Just realized we have now been locked down for one month, and likely will have another month left (if not more).
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Avengers: Twilight Issue # 2 - 3rd print
  • Dark Horse Comics's From the World of Minor Threats: The Alternates Issue # 4c
  • DC Comics's Nightwing Issue # 113b
  • Todd McFarlane Productions's The Scorched Issue # 25