feature requests

Trying times in 2020 (Comic Book Forums)

• Trying times in 2020

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 16, 2020 2:34:04 pm
  • With the current situation going on in the entire world, I want to make a few suggestions to try and help out:

1) Stop freaking out!! Sounds easy because it is!!

2) Stop watching the news. That goes for sport news too.

3) Many of us have some free time on our hands. Take that time to read your comic books or spend your time with any other hobbies you may have.

4) Be nice to each other. Don't take advantage of this strange situation by ripping people off.

5) Remember this is a flu-like virus that is easily transferred. It's not the bubonic plague or anything else as lethal. Be smart.

6) Check in on your parents or grandparents, as these are the people that it might actually affect.

Thanks for listening. Take it easy people.
  • Posted: March 16, 2020 6:20:21 pm
  • Not concerned about myself so much, but my mom is living with fourth stage breast cancer and has a lot of lung problems due to her condition.

Covid-19 attacks the lungs, so I’d say it’s more serious than the flu, especially for older folks.
  • Posted: March 17, 2020 12:57:34 pm
  • The comic book shop I frequent just changed their hours and are now closing at 5 pm. They're also doing curb-side pick-up, instead of inside the store. I got an email stating that if things got worse that they'd have to cancel Free Comic Book Day as well.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: March 17, 2020 6:08:24 pm
  • Comic shops are authorized to sell comics a day early today to spread out customers
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Alan Scott: The Green Lantern Issue # 5
  • No Sleep's Babylon Working Issue # 2
  • Image Comics's Monstress Issue # 50b
  • 3dtotalPublishing's Wayfinder: The Art of Gretel Lusky Hard Cover # 1