feature requests

Best way to sell off a less valuable collection (Comic Book Forums)

• Best way to sell off a less valuable collection

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 16, 2020 11:58:05 pm
  • I collected comic books as a child until I was around 18 then I stopped completely (most of the comics are from the late 1960s to 1977).
    Considering I have only a handful of desirable comics and the rest are not, am I better off just getting the more desirable ones graded and just trying to sell the rest as groups?
    Just to clarify, as a average collector who didn’t keep them stored in great conditions, some are only in fair condition.
    Any input appreciated
  • Posted: February 19, 2020 1:03:10 am
  • I downsize my collection of Longbox Junk when it starts getting out of hand by hitting the flea market and selling them for a buck each. I give one for free to any kid walking by whose head is lower than my shoulder.

You won't make a lot of money, but you'll have more fun than lugging them to the comic shop and basically selling them by the pound IF they buy them at all.

And you'd be surprised. Some days I've walked away with a hundred bucks cash in my pocket and happy that I made some kid's day awesome with a "worthless" 80's Avengers comic.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: February 19, 2020 1:29:06 pm
  • Atom, there are NO worthless Avengers comic books. Well, maybe a few?

I like to give out old comic books at Halloween. Some of the kids go crazy. Some don't care whatsoever. Still worth the while in my humble opinion.

I have been attempting to help out Gmcd198 index/grade his older books. There will be quite a few in his collection that are worth WAY more than a dollar a pop.

Last edited February 19, 2020 1:30:21 pm
  • Posted: February 19, 2020 11:48:27 pm
  • brucifer said:
    Atom, there are NO worthless Avengers comic books. Well, maybe a few?

I like to give out old comic books at Halloween. Some of the kids go crazy. Some don't care whatsoever. Still worth the while in my humble opinion.

I have been attempting to help out Gmcd198 index/grade his older books. There will be quite a few in his collection that are worth WAY more than a dollar a pop.

Yeah, I kind of missed the part where he was saying a lot of them were from late 60's to 1977. I'm sure there's some gems hiding in there for sure!
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: February 20, 2020 12:03:10 am
  • I just want to thank everyone for their replies to my post! Thanks Brucifer especially for helping me and giving me good advice. Now I have to attempt to give an approximate grade on almost 800 books!?! Just a peek into the collection is that it’s almost exclusively Marvel with some DC and just a handful of other publishers. It contains IH 181, Green Lantern 76-87, Batman 232 and several other key Bronze books. I have a lot of inputting to do, plus learning how to grade a comic....
  • Posted: February 20, 2020 12:09:02 am
  • P.S.: I did check and everything except a couple of books are 1977 and earlier.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 57 years, 45 days, 10 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Titan Books's Cutting Edge: Siren's Song Issue # 1
  • David C Cook's Sunday Pix Issue V5 31
  • DC Comics's World's Finest Comics Issue # 198
  • Goteblud Comics's Wuvable Oaf League: Fan Art - Collection of Drawings Issue # 1