feature requests

Movies you Have to see! (Comic Book Forums)

• Movies you Have to see!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 3, 2020 1:57:56 am
  • Hi Guys, so I just saw post on one of the other threads about "big" movies that have not yet been seen by some of our members and was wondering . . . if you had to recommend just 5 movies that someone would HAVE to see, what would they be? They can be either movies that have touched you, changed you or just blown you away . . . if you could choose only 5, what would they be? I think for me, it would be (and this isn't easy),

1. Superman I (maybe not the best but still . . . he made us believe that a man can fly)
    2. Seven
    3. Lord of the Rings
    4. The Green Mile
    5. The Matrix

I know there are tons more (I actually had to change a few on my list Smile ), but lets try to keep it to five?

Last edited January 3, 2020 1:59:29 am
  • Posted: January 3, 2020 11:39:36 am
  • I'll play along. Here's my Top 5 list of movies that are important to watch:

1) Alien (1979) A horror movie in outer space with real tension.
    2) Evil Dead 2 (1987) The first Zombie/Horror/Comedy or Zombedy movie.
    3) The Silence of the Lambs (1991) One of the first and only movies I saw that earned a bunch of awards and Oscars.
    4) The Human Centipede (2009) One of the only movies I saw that my friends were too scared too watch. Their loss, Deiter Laser was excellent!!
    5) Terminator (1984) You will believe in robots from the future. And Arnold's acting ability as said robot.
  • Posted: January 5, 2020 12:51:39 pm
  • 1-Ford vs Ferrari : awesome movie that kept me on the edge of my seat.
    2-Borne : all three or just pick one =)
    3- Gran Torino : because it is such a cool car ( I used to have one) and Clint Eastwood did a great job both staring in and Directing this flick!
    4-The Good Shepard : if you are into government stories; this is for you.
    5-The Judge : this movie hit me pretty hard when I saw it. My sister told me 'oh that is a really good movie.' Staring Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall. IT is a great movie that touches on more than one topic of family and moral values.

I wish that there were more than 5 that I could list but Understandable to keep it under 5. There are only a few comic book related movies that are must see and I am sure that everyone on here has already seen the ones that I would list.
  • Posted: January 5, 2020 4:23:01 pm
  • 1. Bunraku (2010) - Woody Harrelson, Josh Hartnett, Demi Moore & Ron Perlman...This movie is amazing, has Video game references everywhere with a crazy satire and awesome fights scenes (and yes there is a 'Street Fighter' style fight in it also, with 2 rounds lol). I promise those that watch this movie will NOT be disappointed.

Thats it lol...i doubt most of you have even heard of it...lol

Last edited January 5, 2020 4:28:30 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: January 7, 2020 5:03:46 pm
  • I am going to go back to some older ones:

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - 1969 - Robert Redford and Paul Newman are great in this together as well as in...

The Sting - 1973

The Great Escape -1963 - great cast, entertaining throughout and of course the iconic Steve McQueen motorcycle scene

The Thing - 1982 - probably my favourite horror movie, the suspense/paranoia in the movie is fantastic

They Live - 1988 - Roddy Piper in a movie about aliens brainwashing people with subliminal messages, a fun watch through and through
  • Posted: January 7, 2020 6:32:51 pm
  • 1. Natural Born Killers.
    2. Milo and Otis. Kid movie yes, the ad lib commentary is freaking hilarious.
    3. James and the Giant Peach.
    4. Tombstone.
    5. From Dusk till Dawn.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: January 8, 2020 7:39:23 am
  • The Sixth Sense
    The Godfather
    Young Frankenstein
    Lord of the Rings trilogy
    The Wizard of Oz
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Whatnot Publishing's Assassins Creed: The Fall Issue # 1c
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Special # 15
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 4
  • Marvel Comics's War Machine Issue # 9b