feature requests

Comic Book DB Shutting Down (Comic Book Forums)

• Comic Book DB Shutting Down

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 4, 2019 9:13:04 pm
  • I was just over on there site and saw this-

IMPORTANT! ComicbookDB.com will be closing its doors on December 16th, 2019 as we look towards creating a new and improved tool for collectors to utilize. We want to make sure everyone has a chance to download their data & collections by clicking on this link after logging in. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to contribute to the site and we look forward to seeing you again soon. If you have any questions

http://www.comicbookdb.com/index.php

To bad as I don't like to see comic books sites close down as we all can use it to better our hobby. Hope they come back soon.

Last edited November 5, 2019 11:52:41 am
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: November 5, 2019 9:41:05 am
  • I've never been to that site before. It's a shame because just from browsing around now I can tell they've put a lot of effort and time into cataloging and organizing everything.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: November 5, 2019 11:51:51 am
  • Really? I've been using it for a decade or more

• Posted: November 5, 2019 1:12:49 pm
  • While a competitor, it is a bummer. Too bad they couldn't have reached out earlier and I could have seen if there was a way to auto import things into CBR so it makes cataloging easier.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: November 5, 2019 2:03:19 pm
  • Well maybe there is still time for you to reach out? Not sure if they will start up again or not even though they say they will. Combining sites would probably make it the biggest and most extensive online.

Last edited November 5, 2019 2:04:35 pm

• Posted: November 5, 2019 2:17:21 pm
  • I feel it might be better for users to broach the subject...
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Detective Comics Issue # 1083
  • Pronto Comics's Manganation Issue # 3
  • Image Comics's Nights Issue # 6
  • Marvel Comics's X-Force Issue # 50b