feature requests

Halloween 2019 (Comic Book Forums)

• Halloween 2019

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 2, 2019 2:08:25 pm
  • The weather was not very nice here in Toronto, Canada. It was rainy and windy, so I got less than 100 kids at my door Thursday night. Montreal (also located in Canada) was even worse off, so they postponed Halloween from Thursday to Friday night.
    I have been gifting comic books for Halloween for almost 20 years and I usually give out 50-100 every year. I only gave away about 15 comic books this year, very sad.
  • Posted: November 2, 2019 7:37:50 pm
  • It was crappy weather here in Vermont as well Brucifer. Rainy and windy, I saw a lot of parents with umbrellas on my way home from work around 5:30-6. I live on a dirt road in middle of nowhere so no trick-or-treaters here.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: November 2, 2019 7:49:26 pm
  • We had a cold front come through here and I think the temps went into the upper 30's..which is drastic considering it was in the 80's a few days before.
    We had a total of 2 trick or treaters. It has really diminished the last decade in this neighborhood. What is wrong with the kids these days? Free candy dudes!
    Probably off Facebookin' and Instagramin' or whatever they are doing in their virtual worlds these days. Get off my lawn lol!l

I think that is totally awesome that you give out comics instead of candy. If only we had cool neighbors that did that when we were kids. I do remember one guy had a huge bbq in the next neighborhood and had a full spread of burgers, sausage, r
    People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: November 2, 2019 7:49:51 pm
  • ribs and the works one year. That was pretty cool.
    People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: November 2, 2019 9:33:58 pm
  • I live in Tampa and we the opposite where it was too hot. My daughter decided she was not wearing her costume and just wore a morty mask that was laying around.

We live in a ‘regular’ neighborhood which I guess is not cool cause we only had 7 door rings and most kids go to the gated communities around us.

Sad that we are really not getting many kids.
  • Posted: November 4, 2019 2:32:41 am
  • We had a really cold Halloween this year, so we only had about 8 Trick or Treaters at our house because there were a lot of places around town that were doing indoor Halloween things. Normally we have a LOT of kids coming. Sad

On the bright side, my wife and I have been enjoying the TEN POUNDS of fun-size chocolate bars we didn't hand out for four days now. . .

Last edited November 4, 2019 2:33:37 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: November 4, 2019 10:21:09 am
  • We had perfect weather on the West coast and 303 trick or treaters. Spider-Man was definitely the costume of choice.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 54 years, 175 days, 1 hour of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Annihilation Scourge: Beta Ray Bill Issue # 1b
  • Marvel Comics's Captain Marvel Issue # 13b
  • Tor Books's Grimmy: Friends Don't let Friends Own Cats! Soft Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's X-Force Issue # 3
CBR.com member auction items ?