feature requests

November Reading Challenge 100 + Comic Karma (Comic Book Forums)

• November Reading Challenge - 100 + Comic Karma

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 28, 2019 7:05:25 am
  • Again, while I haven't been participating, I've been reading all the entries. I enjoy each little synopsis when included, and it's interesting to see the different tastes in titles. Thanks for making this so interesting, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: November 29, 2019 12:15:06 am
  • Still plugging away.....

63-66. Hit-Girl #5 - #8 – I like these 4 issue story arcs done by different writers and artists. This arc, was an adventure in Hong Kong with the art done by Goran Parlov. This artist, did a run on Punisher, and when Hit-Girl got to Hong Kong, she went to her hideout apartment, and passed the mail boxes in the hallway, the first mail box had F. Castle on it. Those that don’t read Punisher, probably missed this.
    67. Grimm Tales Of Terror: Halloween Special 2019 – Yeah, I’m a bit behind in my readings……
  • Posted: November 29, 2019 9:14:44 am
  • I started out so strong...going to try and make some progress the next couple of days for sure.

55-57: Chimera 1-3: Another crossgen title this one is a mini series about a girl with incredible powers. Check out the cover to issue 1, it is really good. I previously purchased a large crossgen collection and then purchased more through a black friday sale. Now i am about 40-50 issues from owing the entire catalog from the company. They are not worth anything but have really enjoyed reading them

58. Scion #18 - more crossgen fun, this is a fantasy medieval take

59. Black stars above #1 - vault title that takes place in the maybe 1800s in the wilderness and a young girl is tasked with carrying a mysterious package. I foudn it okay, but the lettering was so small and in cursive so it was not very user friendly. The story was okay but wont stick around with it

60. Champions #1 - This was published several years back as part of Marvel Now - cool idea of some of the young marvel heroes getting together and solving more day to day issues for people. - might try to get the whole series at some point

61. Heartbeat #1 - Boom title about a girl that is just struggling at an elite school and then she witnesses a terrible crime - great covers and several incentive issues were on various hot 10 lists
  • Posted: November 29, 2019 7:06:06 pm
  • This week's comics

#102 Action Comics #1017
    #103 Batgirl #41
    #104 Flash #83
    #105 Freedom Fighters #11
    #106 Shazam! #8
    #107 Terrifics #22
    #108 Batman: Creature of the Night #4

I also reread Batman: Creature of the Night #1-3

Final November total 111
  • Posted: November 30, 2019 5:52:21 pm
  • Recouping from Black Friday weekend in retail, and got some comic therapy to Wooo-sahh me down.

112. Moon Knight #200. I gave this one a second chance here. Hated it completely when I followed the run. IGC had a half price sale, and picked up their variant to this one. They send an additional copy of MK 200 without the cover, for reading. It wasn't near as bad as I made it out to be once reading it. Not my favorite by a long shot, but did find more to enjoy out of it this second time around.

113. Killadelphia #1. New Image book. I read some good reviews and decided to check it out. It got the story rolling along, and gave enough to want to check out the next issue. Great Jason Shawn Alexander art (who also did some work on Spawn).

114. Punisher 2099 #1. I didn't read the 90's series, so I can't compare, but did enjoy this one. Went with the variant cover for this one.

115. Conan 2099 #1. This I didn't enjoy nearly as much as the Punisher. I thought I would from the premise. Variant cover to this, and don't think I will continue buying.

116. Avengers #27. I picked up the last issue and was curious to see what was going on with this Starbrand reborn storyline. Avengers in space, A brood Thor, and Silver surfer to come in the next ish. Grabbed the main cover, and the 2099 variant.

117. Last stop on the red line #1 (dark horse)

118. Venom #20. (2099 variant)

119-121. Batman beyond #35, 36 & 39. All variants. trying to watch some football here, and skipping the comments lol

122-123. Fear Itself the Fearless #1 and 2. All variants, and 3 different variants to #1

124. Captain Victory and the Galactic Rangers #1. Kirby creation by way of PC comics.

Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: November 30, 2019 11:34:56 pm
  • Well, I failed this month's reading challenge Sad

Ended up reading 80 comics this month, here's the last bunch of comics I read:

68-72. Gretel #1 - #5 – I enjoy Zenescope’s take on fairy tales. This mini, shows what happens to Gretel in the Hansel & Gretel fairy tale where Gretel grows up to be a witch hunter.
    73-75. The Watcher #1 - #3 – Another Zenescope series, about a group of Watchers throughout time, tracking a demon and waiting for it’s reappearance.
    76. Death Or Glory #6 – I enjoyed the first arc of this Rick Remender & Bengal Image comic, this is the first issue in the second story arc with Glory trying to get Red and the liver to a doctor in Mexico with everyone she crossed in the first arc after her.
    77. Moonshine #13 – First issue in a new story arc. Prohibition and werewolves. ‘Nuff said.
    78. East Of West #43 – Been losing interest in this comic for awhile now, but have been following it from the beginning. Think Hickman has been stretching this story too long. Was going to drop it, but heard that it’s ending soon, so I’ll stick with this til the bitter end. Glad it’s ending soon.
    79&80. Grimm Fairy Tales #31 & #32

Last edited November 30, 2019 11:35:43 pm
  • Posted: December 1, 2019 6:39:57 am
  • Didn’t make it agin....and I had such a good start.

62. Scion #19

63. Dynamo 5 #11

64. Mauraders #2 - I love the cover and the politics of the red seat. This in my opinion is one of the better titles of the new x-men titles

Special interest - purchased and have been reading the art of Todd McFarlane book. It is awesome and shows the evolution of an artist, shows how he was working on spawn designs (very rough) 20 years before it was published. Takes you through his struggling to find a job to being a superstar.

***also wanted to let the group know that midtowncomics is having an up to 75% sale - I found some great current books and graphic novels.
  • Posted: December 1, 2019 6:44:53 am
  • A look at the stats....

September - 5 members read a total of 437 books

October: 484 and 7 members
    Action ace - 124
    Voltronforce0 - 116
    Comicguru - 114
    Imcubillo - 68
    Atom** - 54
    Genesisday07 - 6
    Machetef7- 2

** only counted the recorded books
58 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Titan Comics's Blade Runner 2039 Issue # 12
  • Pizz Publications's Fire and Smoke Issue nn
  • Rebellion's Judge Dredd Megazine Issue # 467
  • Robin Snyder and Steve Ditko's Steve Ditko's Static TPB # 1-2nd print