feature requests

Uncanny X Men 266 (Comic Book Forums)

• Uncanny X-Men 266

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 11, 2019 10:22:37 pm
  • A local shop has an issue with Gambit's first appearance for $150. I know they had it pressed, because I saw it before and after. It was a good job, but there are a couple other small flaws. They said I can have it for $100, but I'm hesitant. If I were to grade it, I'd say between an 8.2 and an 8.6. And I never see these in stores anymore. So should I pull the trigger or keep searching for a less expensive lower grade?

Last edited October 11, 2019 10:23:12 pm
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: October 12, 2019 8:25:45 am
  • well 1st there are no 8.6-8.2 grades...its 8.0 & 8.5...it doesnt get to the .2 decimal until after 9.0..

2nd im gonna guess you mean an 8.5 and $100 is too much IMO...Granted everyones opinion is different and this may be worth it for you, but go on Ebay and find VF+ pricing, and you could find it cheaper.
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Invaders #7: 1st Union Jack & Baron Blood
    Wolverine #37: 1st Albert
    Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #7: 1st Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter)
    Secret Avengers #23 2nd Print: 1st Agent Venom
  • Posted: October 12, 2019 11:26:14 am
  • Thank you! I never looked lower on the pricing and just figured the decimals were the same. I think I'll hold off, based on what you said. I'm going to Akron Comicon in a few weeks and I'll see if I can get a better deal there.
  • Posted: October 12, 2019 2:10:21 pm
  • Thank you!
  • Posted: October 13, 2019 9:54:10 am
  • "well...lol...in my comic con experience they always ridiculously inflate the price of any book.."

yep, conventions pretty much suck now - seem to be about everything besides actual comic collecting ("cos-play", autographs, etc)

i remember as a young kid in the mid-late 80's finding all sorts of great stuff for inexpensive prices...perhaps i am remembering the times wrong. i lived in NJ and it seemed there were shows all the time.
  • Posted: October 14, 2019 10:19:03 am
  • I have this issue in my collection and had not kept up with it's value in years. Had no idea it was up that high.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: October 15, 2019 4:31:12 pm
  • For a raw copy, that's too much. You should be able to find a CGC already slabbed copy 9.6 for around $150. Should be able to find a CGC 9.4 for around $100-120.
    Working on my co-creator owned comic book.
  • Posted: October 15, 2019 5:38:16 pm
  • Thanks for all the input. I didn't purchase it, and feel better educated about this particular issue.
  • Posted: October 17, 2019 3:49:08 pm
  • Personally (And this is just me), I would only buy this book raw if the quality of it looks fantastic to you. OR, I would even save up and purchase a CGC 9.6 (If you can afford a 9.8, even better).

This is a comic that in raw, MINT condition will run you about $80-100. For myself, living in Canada, if I see it mint and offered for $100 (Canadian), I'd buy it with the understanding that it's not going to go up in value for at the very least a year or so. This book is going to be stable and won't go up until Disney/Marvel makes an official announcement that Gambit will either have his own movie or be an integral part of the X-men franchise.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 53 years, 354 days, 17 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • BOOM! Studios's Buffy The Vampire Slayer Issue # 9d
  • DC Black Label's Doom Patrol: Weight of the Worlds Issue # 5
  • DC Comics's Legion of Super-Heroes Issue # 1c
  • Drawn and Quarterly's Little Lulu: Working Girl Hard Cover # 1