feature requests

Comic Box Storage (Comic Book Forums)

• Comic Box Storage

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 8, 2019 9:26:50 pm
  • I've heard that storing your long/short comic boxes against an outside wall is dangerous for them. Is this still the case even if they are always out of the light, kept in a cool room with fans blowing near them, and stored upright in proper comic boxes? If it's still an issue, does anyone know what I might be able to put on the wall to go between the boxes and the wall to help protect them? In my new living environment, against the wall is my only option.
    Thanks
  • Posted: September 9, 2019 12:48:47 am
  • Never heard of that one before. I wouldn't worry about it. I have stored comic boxes in probably the most impractical ways over the years and my comics were fine. One I can remember was while going through a divorce I kept them in a outside public storage for almost two years.

Last edited September 9, 2019 12:49:50 am
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: September 10, 2019 1:08:09 am
  • About 40 boxes of mine have been in a basement room up against a concrete outside wall for almost 5 years and there's nothing wrong with them. I also have a bunch of longboxes stacked in an outside public storage shed with no climate control (half of the comics in there not even bagged) and nothing is wrong with them.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 53 years, 166 days, of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Shojo Beat Manga's Fall in Love Like a Comic Soft Cover # 2
  • IDW Publishing's Fallen Angel: Return of the Son TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man Issue # 12
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Sister Powers Issue # 1c