feature requests

Comic Box Storage (Comic Book Forums)

• Comic Box Storage

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 26, 2019 7:21:33 pm
  • I use the BCW short box with the house, I have not gone super high but tested and think I can get them five high. Currently have them 3 high and love them. They are short and if you order in bulk you get a good discount and over 80 bucks I think you get free shipping.
  • Posted: October 26, 2019 7:26:23 pm
  • Any chance you could post a couple pics of your file cabinet storage?
  • Posted: October 27, 2019 10:57:33 am
  • Right now I have all the boxes/houses in a close and 10 wide and eventually 3 high. There is a regular closet shelf that is preventing me from going much higher. So as my collection grows I need to determine if I get rid of the shelf or if I just build another shelf and start another stack. More than likely I will remove the shelf and just keep stacking them.

I don’t really know how to post pictures on the forum so hopefully this works. The first picture just shows my boxes on top of each other. The second picture shows one of the boxes removed and the bottom house holding up the other two boxes.

https://comicbookrealm.com/photos/photo_25354_f.jpg

https://comicbookrealm.com/photos/photo_25355_f.jpg

Let me know if you want more pics
  • Posted: October 27, 2019 3:45:50 pm
  • This is the back of the drawer in front of the slider to give a flat support for the comics, have one in the front as well. I used a thin piece of wall panel for both, it's the brown thing you see.

This is how they are put in the drawer. Like I said you can put something down the middle if you're concerned about movement. I just use a legal sized green divider to seperate series. I organize odd and even to keep the rows the same length.

These are just Legal Size 4 drawer cabinets, you can get 2 drawer as well. I have 4 that I use.

"Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: October 28, 2019 4:00:27 pm
  • Wow those are all very helpful guys thanks so much!
    Canuck, what about golden age/magazine sized books? Will they fit?
    Is anyone in earthquake country? I live in CA so that is my main concern with any of your three ideas.
  • Posted: October 28, 2019 4:51:44 pm
  • Magazines/GN are to tall to fit, and to wide to make 2 rows.
    I have one drawer that I put all my GN and magazines in, I just put them in on their side so when I look at them I can read the spine, just keep them tight so they don't bend.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: November 26, 2019 11:19:58 pm
  • Tex75455 said:
    I use industrial shelving similar to this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-72-in-H-x-48-in-W-x-18-in-D-6-Tier-Wire-Shelving-Unit-in-Black-HD18481302BPS/207135132

If you get two of them and put them together, its perfect length and depth for 4 longboxes per row. Roughly 4 rows for a small set, 5 rows on a larger, gets you enough space to keep going for a while. I also cut a piece of thin plywood to join the two units together and make for easier sliding of boxes on and off. See photos below. Sorry, couldn't figure out why they are sideways.

I use similiar, but word of advice make sure it is the industrial strength ones and not the cheapy version. The cheap version is flimsy and will not hold. (and use the stud feet with caps and not the wheels/castors that come inside).

I have about 6 of these with long boxes filled 30 per rack. been on them for about 15+ years. Works great.

Also, block wall above ground outside wall is fine, but underground beware of temp changes and condensation. Other than that, tis fine.
18 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Valiant Entertainment's Bloodshot Unleashed - Reloaded Issue # 2
  • DC Comics's Catwoman Issue # 64
  • Ben and Don Chin's Overload Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 47d