feature requests

September Reading Challenge 100 Comics (Comic Book Forums)

• September Reading Challenge -100 Comics

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 18, 2019 9:20:30 pm
  • made use of some free time and hit another series I had put aside. Probably the last for at least another day or so.

67-77. Daken Dark Wolverine # 6-7, 9.1, 12-17, 19, 21
    (I literally knew jack squat about this character and series. Absolutely enjoyed reading them all)
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: September 19, 2019 12:30:52 am
  • Over the past couple of days I've finished Vertigo's DMZ, issues #21 - #74 for 53 issues.

This series started strong but had a severe slump in the middle that was almost bad enough for me to lose interest and quit. Thankfully, it picked back up for a pretty satisfying ending.

It's a hefty stack of comics, and it's more character-driven than by action (in other words a LOT of dialogue), but if you're looking for something outside the superhero box, check it out.

Grand Total (so far): 290 Dancing

Last edited September 19, 2019 12:37:16 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: September 19, 2019 3:21:52 pm
  • adding in this week's comics

75. Batman #79
    76. Flash Forward #1
    77. Justice League #32
    78. Lex Luthor: Year of the Villain #1
    79. Supergirl #34
    80. Superman #15
    81. Jimmy Olsen #3

• Posted: September 21, 2019 11:23:58 pm
  • It's Batman Day, so I read a few Batcomics.

Batman #291-294

Detective Comics #475-476, 627

Batman: Dark Detective #1-6

13 brings me up 94

• Posted: September 22, 2019 7:47:57 am
  • Had a good couple of days but still not on pace....

29. New challengers #1 - not great
    30-33 Superior foes #1 - 4 super fun read
    34. House of x #4
    35. Absolute carnage # 2
    36. Shows end #1
    37 mountain head #1
    38 bad reception #1
    39. White trees #1
    40-46. Boys 17-23
  • Posted: September 23, 2019 3:43:50 pm
  • ...chugging along...

78-79. Ultimates #5 and #13.

80-82. Ultimates 2 #1, 3 and 6.

83-89. Ultmates 2 (volume 2) #2-7 and 9.

Really decent stories here, the stories in volume 2 were my favorites, and the artwork complimented them well.
  • Posted: September 23, 2019 6:28:57 pm
  • more Batman....

Batman Who Laughs Batman Day Edition (a much tolerable character when he's free)

Batman '66 #1-6

7 up to 101 and the challenge is met

• Posted: September 24, 2019 3:36:27 am
  • Didn't read too many comics since last time I checked in. I got stuck writing a training manual for new employees from scratch because our computers got switched out for shiny new ones, but they forgot to transfer any "non-essential" documents. . .WHOOPS!
    Applause

But I DID get a few in. . .and NEW comics at that!

Batman ( DC 2019) # 78 - #79
    Tom King's run can't end soon enough. Romance fan fiction with Batman sorting out his feelings for Catwoman in an island paradise. . .WHILE GOTHAM IS HELD HOSTAGE BY BANE AND AN ARMY OF SUPERVILLAINS! Nice art, though.

Blade Runner 2019 #3 (Titan Comics)
    As far as I'm concerned, this is the best new comic on the stands. Great Neo Noir Science Fiction action backed up by some really good art. It's not from a top tier publisher, but do yourself a favor and check it out if you like the Sci-Fi.

Detective Comics #1010 - #1011 (DC 2019)
    Filler propped up by unlikely coincidence, extreme suspension of disbelief, and (wrongly) assuming that Deadshot is an idiot. What a waste of page space. I was enjoying Detective as a sort of refuge from Tom King's Superhero romance fan fiction, but this is pretty bad.

Batman: Curse of The White Knight #2 (DC 2019)
    I'm a little on the fence with this one. On one hand, I LOVE having Azrael back! On the other hand. . .is this "Elseworlds" version the Azrael I want back? Either way, great art worth the price of admission alone.

The Punisher #14 - #15 (Marvel 2019)
    I'm REALLY liking the direction Punisher is taking! None of this outer-space monster fighting . Just good old anti-social Frank Castle reluctantly teaming up with Black Widow, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Night Thrasher (wait. what?), AND the forgotten Longbox Junk female Punisher he worked with back a few volumes ago for the most messed up team ever! It's just great. Normally I'm not a fan of Punisher teaming up with superheroes, but this time it works. If you're a Punisher fan, you've got to be in on this one!

Star Wars: Doctor Aphra #36 (Marvel 2019)
    There's a lot of twists and turns for the payoff from the last few issues here, ending with Darth Vader showing back up! I haven't been a huge fan of the last story arc, and I'm pretty glad it's over. . .but I get the sinking feeling this series is winding down to a finale.

So that's a measly 9 issues for a grand total of 299! Dancing

Last edited September 24, 2019 3:36:54 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: September 24, 2019 5:03:00 pm
  • piggy backing on to atom...I hated that batman 78. I was in to the city of bane storyline and that teeny pop romance book killed it for me. I didn't even pick up 79. And I agree with the new punisher books. I picked up a few in this new run and was not disappointed.

Ok...on with the list.

90-105. Secret Avengers 2,3, 5-7, 9-15, 17-18, 21.1, 31 and 35.
    2 of the books I may have listed, but bought a lot and had the duplicates and read them again anyway.

106. Mighty Thor #196 (cool bronze age book and a double cover rarity!)
  • Posted: September 24, 2019 7:03:46 pm
  • Tom King's Bat and Cat #1

This is my boss, Bruce Wayne, a multi millionaire. He's quite a guy.

This is Selena Kyle. She's Gorgeous. She's one lady that knows how to take care of herself.

By the way, my name is Alfred. I take care of both of them. Which ain't easy. Because when they met, it was murder!

He doesn't want to write Batman, he wants to write Hart to Hart.

57 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Fawcett Publications's Romantic Secrets Issue # 17
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Boy Issue # 6
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 485b
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 487b