feature requests

What is the worst comic book character ever? (Comic Book Forums)

• What is the worst comic book character ever?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 23, 2019 9:42:28 pm
  • Ideas come and go, and some of those ideas I will never understand how they ever made it to the drawing board. There have been some doozies over the years, that is for sure.
    So for this post, in all the ridiculousness that it is, let us celebrate the worst of the worst!

What is one comic book character that stands out to you as the worst absolute idea ever?

For me, I keep thinking back to a character I saw in Marvel Team-up. I had a nice little run going back in the 80's...and then this bozo popped up.
    The book in question is Marvel Team-up #131, and the character was Frog-man.
    He was a completer buffoon in the story, purposely of course, and I always wondered what the hay? What was the purpose of this character? The only thing saving me from using the book as a fly swatter, was the good looking gal the White Rabbit.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: August 24, 2019 10:13:16 am
  • thead from the Wanted limited series (later became a movie with Angelina Jolie). This is a character that is made of fecal matter and resembles clay face. Can you imagine the smell and if you had a villain team up with him, how could you work with the smell. It was this kind of silliness that made the books great but none of it of course made it to the movie.
  • Posted: August 24, 2019 10:18:16 am
  • thead from the Wanted limited series (later became a movie with Angelina Jolie). This is a character that is made of fecal matter and resembles clay face. Can you imagine the smell and if you had a villain team up with him, how could you work with the smell. It was this kind of silliness that made the books great but none of it of course made it to the movie.
  • Posted: August 24, 2019 4:27:29 pm
  • @imcubillo ewwww! I had not heard of that character, but I could tell that he definitely stinks lol. I can imagine the amount of harfing going on trying to work with or battle such a character.
  • Posted: August 24, 2019 6:04:30 pm
  • As far as silly and/or dumb heroes, my pick would have to be the Hypno-Hustler.

Truthfully, if we spent some time doing homework, there would be tons and tons of silly characters from the '70s.

Anyone remember the villain from the Doom Patrol called, ahem, Animal-Mineral-Vegetable Man? Dumb as dumb can be, but somehow the TV show resurrected this character and made him fun as . Go figure.
  • Posted: August 24, 2019 6:20:45 pm
  • oh geez, i didn't figure the Hypno-hustler to be a Marvel character but saw him in a search, and yep, a Marvel dude. He may have been the unofficial death of Disco haha.
    Big stretch of an idea for the animal mineral vegetable man too.
    Snapper Carr is another one, that reminds me of DCs version of the Fonz.
  • Posted: August 24, 2019 6:31:42 pm
  • I totally forgot about Snapper Carr. I was reading a Showcase Presents: Justice League of America TPB. It contained early JLA in Brave & The Bold and the first 16 issues of Justice League from the '60s. I had to stop reading that TPB due to the utter idiocy of Snapper Carr. I would have rather read Happy Days starring the Fonz (who I met briefly at Fan Expo in 2010).

I also seem to remember DC trying to update Snapper Carr some years later and making his "finger snaps" give him a teleporting ability, or something like that. Yikes!!

Last edited August 24, 2019 6:33:02 pm
  • Posted: August 24, 2019 9:25:18 pm
  • How about Firebolt (Anthony Sloan) or Armless Tiger Man (Gustav Hertz)...lol terrible...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
32 posts • Page 1 of 4
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Archie Comics Group's Archie Halloween Spectacular Issue # 2023comiccorner
  • Papercutz's Double Booking TPB # 1
  • Schanes & Schanes's Midnight Gods Issue nn
  • Dead Cat Comics's Monism Issue nn