feature requests

suggest a read (Comic Book Forums)

• suggest a read

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 23, 2019 11:00:05 am
  • I usually am one to keep to myself and read what others have to say. But recently I went over to a different comic shop and came across my favorite read of the year.

First off I was drawn to the comic by it's cover, like usual. When the art work is just as good, or better on the inside then it's a plus. But the art work and writing work hand in hand both looking to be original.

THUMBS -- has worked it's magic with laying out a story that draws you in while reading through the issue and then leaves you waiting patiently for the next issue to see what will happen next. The only thing that dissapointed me was that it was a 5 issue series rum.

Granted it doesn't have any big hero names or has done cross overs with any other books, I have been tempted to contact IMAGE to try and find out if they plan on pursuing this book onto a regular part of their rotation.

Have you read it? What would you suggest?
  • Posted: August 23, 2019 12:47:13 pm
  • I have not read this, but after pulling up the book here and looking at the description, I do remember reading about this a little while back in an article. It had me curious then, but put it out of mind. Now that you have brought it back up, and are giving it some praise...I may have to look into this. Interesting enough premise for sure.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: August 23, 2019 1:53:37 pm
  • Sometimes a mini-series is so good we wish it were a monthly series. I've never heard of the one you mentioned but will have to check it out if I do come across it.

We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: August 23, 2019 3:30:51 pm
  • I liked the first issue and behind reading the additional issues. I find that image has fantastic books but too often I start to like a book only for them to stop because of low sales. Case in point Fair Lady, Flavor, And Gogor - fun image books that will see their ends way too soon.

Check out die, sonata from image.

Last edited August 23, 2019 3:41:06 pm
  • Posted: August 27, 2019 10:26:33 am
  • Spector, I have always had that problem, of reading a description, and then wishing that I had picked it up. Thumbs is a good story that mixes how current technology grasps youth and then later on pits their generation with The ones that want things to go back the way they were.

Rapha1978, I agree with your comment. This seems to be one of those that falls into that category for sure. After reading the second issue I began hoping that IMAGE would pick it up for a regular series.

Imcublllo, I had stayed away from IMAGE for a while back; due to the fact that their books lacked something, but I couldn't put my finger on it. They seemed to start out ok then went down hill.
    I do agree that IMAGE has some books that I would really like to dive into
  • Posted: August 27, 2019 11:41:54 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    Sometimes a mini-series is so good we wish it were a monthly series. . .

I hate it when that happens! The most recent one for me was the OUTSTANDING Aphrodite V 4 issue mini from Image/ Top Cow. When I saw the 4th issue was going to be the last, I was sad.

If you like "Near Future" hard sci-fi then keep an eye out for it and know it has the official Longbox Junk seal of approval!
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • HooligansCO's Faro's Lounge Presents: Happy Harley Days Issue # 1
  • Dark Horse Comics's From the World of Minor Threats: The Alternates Issue # 4c
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars Legends: Epic Collection - The New Republic TPB # 1 - 2nd print
  • Paper Tiger's The Fantasy Art Techniques of Tim Hildebrandt Soft Cover nn