feature requests

DCBS (Comic Book Forums)

• DCBS

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 21, 2019 5:41:59 pm
  • I posted before that I don’t have a reliable or nearby LCS so have to buy my books online. I just placed my first order with DCBS and the money saved was awesome, 40 to 50% off on most books. This is a nice bump from my previous online company. I have read online that their delivery care is not the best so wanted to check if anyone uses them and what experiences people have.
  • Posted: August 29, 2019 12:04:22 pm
  • I used them for a couple years. They have nice delivery options if you want to get your books monthly or more often. I never had any issues with packing or delivery but no one's perfect so I'm sure it can happen. The discounts are hard to beat but there is also something to be said by supporting your local comic shops.
  • Posted: November 23, 2019 3:51:05 am
  • I have been using them for about 6 months now. At first it was great, the packing was good and I got just about everything I ordered.

Now 6 months in.....

They started to cancel some of my titles (not sure exactly why all the time), they will sometimes tell you they weren't shipped enough to cover all the orders and the condition of the books are hit or miss these days. I did at first buy the bags and boards for shipping purposes but they use silver age bags with current comic boards. So the comics just float around in the bag to where sometimes the corners get dinged. Grant it that they do shrinkwrap them in bundles so I'm not sure how they the corners are still getting dinged. I also tried to have the comics sent with no bags and boards (to save money since I was replacing the bags and boards with silver bags and board) and it was ok for the first shipment and then it slowly started to get worse. The packing inside the box wasn't always enough to keep the bundles from hitting the side of the box.

it's a great deal if you want to read a lot of books but if you want to collect for investment you might want to buy the special ones at your LCS. I still end up going to the LCS to get ones they didn't ship.

hope this helps.....
  • Posted: November 23, 2019 4:52:16 am
  • Thanks that was helpful. I am waiting for my second shipment. I was not impressed with the first for the reasons you mentioned. I got a bundle and while shrink wrapped they place rubber bands on it which slightly bent a couple of books. Then I get a noticed like you that a book will not be shipped, absolute carnage 4, so now I have to find a store and purchase. There are no stores by me.

I stopped and this month placed order with mcs and it ended up being $2 cheaper. The shipping was less and the bags and boards are free. So will see in January what that shipment looks like.
  • Posted: November 23, 2019 6:51:25 am
  • Try out: https://www.atomicempire.com/

They have discounts based on how many books you subscribe to and their shipping is really good, especially if you get the Express shipping. AND, in the rare cases there is damage from shipping you can email them with pictures and they'll send replacements. If that happens a lot they may have you send the damaged ones back but they're pretty good at trusting your honesty.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Green Arrow Issue # 10
  • DC Comics's Harley Quinn Issue # 38b
  • Tidal Wave Productions's Milestones of Art: Vincent Van Gogh - The Raven Hunt TPB # 1
  • GP Putnams Sons's Monkey King and the World of Myths TPB # 1