feature requests

Thieves attempt to sell off stolen comic book collection... (Comic Book Forums)

• Thieves attempt to sell off stolen comic book collection...

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 13, 2019 1:40:21 pm
  • Instant Karma alright.
    That is one thing you don't put your hands on...
    another man's (or woman's) comics.
    People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: August 13, 2019 1:49:19 pm
  • Yeah...just unbelievable.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 13, 2019 2:35:01 pm
  • Stupid is, stupid does Laughing Shocked
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: August 14, 2019 2:08:58 am
  • Nice story! At least that guy was luckier than I was.

Long story short:

I had a roommate many years ago that moved out in the middle of the night while I was working the graveyard shift. He took most of my stuff with him, including my comic book collection.

I quickly figured out from mutual acquaintances that he'd sold them at a nearby comic shop for chump change drinking money. I went to comic shop and spotted my boxes behind the counter. Told the owner those were my stolen comics. He was like "I don't see your name on them." I called the police to the store and they pretty much told me the same thing.

NOW besides keeping a list of what's in my collection, I put my initials on every backing board, put my name on the comic boxes, and put slips of paper with my name on it inside of random comics through each box. Hard lesson learned.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: August 18, 2019 3:57:59 pm
  • Sorry to hear that Atom. I have quite a large collection and have them insured. The whole collection for book value for destruction, such as fire, FL hurricane, tornado, etc, and 1/3 of that amount for theft. The reason for lower theft amount is insurance cost and that a thief would have to back up a truck and sneak out with about 60 long boxes, which would be difficult with our Neighborhood Watch.Shame on you
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: August 19, 2019 12:53:57 am
  • Spa-fon said:
    a thief would have to back up a truck and sneak out with about 60 long boxes, which would be difficult with our Neighborhood Watch.Shame on you

Laughing Yeah. . .when my collection got stolen all those years ago, it was only 6 Longboxes. Now a thief would have to make a major effort to load my stuff up.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 52 years, 315 days, 13 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Aliens: Rescue Issue # 2b
  • Drawn and Quarterly's Nogoodniks Hard Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Powers of X Issue # 3b
  • BOOM! Studios's The Midas Flesh Issue # 1e